What made you smile today?

5,539 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sannerl said:

I bet he was a great dancer.

OK, I'll bite - I didn't get the joke, please help. :)

6 minutes ago, Metall said:

OK, I'll bite - I didn't get the joke, please help. :)

Given his height compared to the ladies' - where does his face rest? ;)

My wife is also head and shoulders taller than me.

When I was dating her, my pals used to ask, with a nudge and wink, what I was getting up to. 

I had a training partner who was a short, extremely wealthy guy. He always dated tall women. When I asked him why he said, "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it, and when you're toes to toes, your nose is in it!"

He's married now to a tall blonde. I still laugh about it.

Try to unsee this -

kfc.jpg

On Tuesday, Freddie Campion, content director at Headspace, reignited an old meme about KFC’s Colonel Sanders in a tweet where he wrote that his wife was convinced his bow tie was actually a tiny stick figure underneath a large head.

'World's ugliest orchid' tops list of new discoveries

By Helen Briggs
BBC Environment correspondent

Published
2 hours ago
Gastrodia agnicellusIMAGE COPYRIGHTRICK BURIAN
image captionOther discoveries by Kew include this not-so-showy orchid

The "ugliest orchid in the world" and British mushrooms are among a list of new species named by scientists at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and their collaborators in 2020.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Try to unsee this -

kfc.jpg

I saw the same stick figure as a child! :D

We had a little Xmas party for two last night. Dimmed the lights, lit the candles, listened to Xmas music and drank a bottle of bubbly.

It was nice.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We had a little Xmas party for two last night. Dimmed the lights, lit the candles, listened to Xmas music and drank a bottle of bubbly.

It was nice.

If anyone needs an excuse for this- I claim a power cut in the neighbourhood.! A lot of power cuts around here.

35 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

A lot of power cuts around here.

Really?  We haven't had one for ages - is it when your local windmills stop turning?

I recall some years ago being on the east side of Hamburg (Sasel) with friends for New Year's Eve party

and the Raclett grills were just warming up as the power went off - by the time it came back on we were all "satt" with bread & salad.

13 minutes ago, HEM said:

Really?  We haven't had one for ages - is it when your local windmills stop turning?

I recall some years ago being on the east side of Hamburg (Sasel) with friends for New Year's Eve party

and the Raclett grills were just warming up as the power went off - by the time it came back on we were all "satt" with bread & salad.

Ah well. - when neighbours ask why the candles and Red wine bottles are ;)in large numbers- they need a reason!

Was just watching Paul Lim (66) at the World Championships Darts. He is from Singapore and plays few matches a year. He is by far the oldest player and he won! Absolutely marvellous. Last year, he just missed a 9-darter against 2-times world champion Gary Anderson. He is the first player to throw a 9- darter at the World Championships (1990).