What made you smile today?

5,584 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

Spontaneous generation, right before your eyes!

A 9 year-old wrote to NASA to apply for the job as planetary protection officer, NASA replied...

Dear NASA,

My name is Jack Davis and I would like to apply for the planetary protection officer job.

I may be nine but I think I would be fit for the job. One of the reasons is my sister says I am an alien.

Also, I have seen almost all the space movies and alien movies I can see.

I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of Shield and hope to see the movie Men in Black.

I am great at vidieo [sic] games. I am young, so I can learn to think like an alien.

Sincerely,

Jack Davis

Guardian of the Galaxy

Fourth Grade

NASA’s Planetary Science Director Jim Green wrote a letter in reply:

reply.jpg.a7b426bdc3e5939294e28daf5de7f9

Just read that Thomas Cook are laying on extra flights for Crete from the UK  as Italy is on the lurgy list and just minutes ago it has started raining for the first time in about 5 months.. and thunderclaps.. and expected to carry on like that for 4 days.

I feel sorry for the tourists and the hospitality business here.

So a sad smile...

Edit: ah wait! Flights are from the 24th! The rain will have buggered off by then!!!

Smile time!😊

This...   why couldn't it be Trump    :(

"Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal"

Ha! He - she? wants to kick it over - spent the last two days preventing kid#4 from trashing lovely mushrooms in an area we visited, and then the sodding mower came and squished them all.

I smiled AFTERWARDS but not at the time!

Bus back from town to the village, laden with three  heavy shopping bags.

Put my mask on and struggled up to the steps to the bus driver, bashed my elbow, dropped one of the bags, picked it up again and said “ Kavousi.” ( Our village )..

” Wrong bus.”

So I struggled off and waited for the right bus. It came!

Struggled up the steps again and he said “ you have to put the shopping at the side of the bus.”

So I got off the bus, dragged the bags and dumped them in the luggage hold area.

Got on the bus. When we arrived at the village, I asked the driver to stop and open the luggage area.

I got off the bus and... he didn’t open the luggage area. I banged on the door. Luckily, the bus door opened and I know the guy who got off the bus then.

Costas then made the driver open the luggage area.

Jeez...