What made you smile today?

5,188 posts in this topic

from a friend:

My favorite quarantine activity is loading up my internet basket in various stores and abandoning my carts.

I read the local newspaper TZ, where people in Munich said that they have to log on after midnight to get an online appointment with the Zulassunggsstelle (local authorities for car registration). At midnight they release the new time slots :). During the day you have no chance.

Welcome to Germany!

21 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I read the local newspaper TZ, where people in Munich said that they have to log on after midnight to get an online appointment with the Zulassunggsstelle (local authorities for car registration). At midnight they release the new time slots :). During the day you have no chance.

My neighbor had this exact problem!

He got a slot by logging in at 3 o'clock in the morning and grabbing a slot that just had been canceled! :blink:

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

People calling hair loss "hairfall".

You have to imagine it's like a waterfall so extreme hair loss.

I forgot to pay an outstanding electricity bill for the office here - at least three weeks overdue. But I found out today the office you pay at hasn’t been open daily lately because of corona and that there is an emergency law forbidding utility companies - all of them, including for phones/ internet, from cutting off services.

So I can take my sweet time and not rush to their office in a panic! 

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

So I can take my sweet time and not rush to their office in a panic! 

Pay the bill John - then you will have peace of mind!

Where? They are closed!😂 Or have been..

When the bill came ( also late because the postman wasn’t delivering ) , we had the Emergency Movement rules and paying a utility bill wasn’t one of the boxes to tick to be allowed out of home!

😂

Bank transfer, envelope through the door, I dunno .- seems like things out there are "a bit" different to here...

I was brought up to not owe anything to anybody, and I have stuck to that these past 54 years.

All different here, rob!😂

Bank transfer could work from my bank here- but only one person at a time allowed in the bank.. queues.. and it takes FOR EVER to transfer a simple sum.. paperwork, thousands of signatures, employee asks a boss .. who asks someone else... and they charge 15 euros for a transfer if the receiving party’s account is at a different bank!

We asked relatively pre- corona lock down time for a new PIN number many weeks weeks ago and they forgot! They wanted to send it by post to our lawyer for legal reasons but our lawyer hasn’t been in her office for corona reasons! But she says no letter has arrived! Her dad lives above the office and checks the mail!😂

Anyway, priorities- off to the vet’s tomorrow! He is open!😀

When you can't find the fabric,you make it yourself. 

5edbd6bf5c349_rainbowmask.JPG.acc17ff936

A memory made me smile today as I checked through my cupboard of model vehicles and found this one from the days when Corona was delivered to your door, but then it was a fizzy drink (pop to the Brits).

Corona-1sm.jpg.2620315e3652f13cf8096b339

Check out any of the best of ‘Got Talent’ shows on YouTube etc. ie Britain’s GT,  America’s GT etc.  Sure to make smiles, laughter and happy tears.  Just watched a ‘best of’ show on RTL.  

On 6/13/2020, 12:29:40, Malt-Teaser said:

A memory made me smile today as I checked through my cupboard of model vehicles and found this one from the days when Corona was delivered to your door, but then it was a fizzy drink (pop to the Brits).

Corona-1sm.jpg.2620315e3652f13cf8096b339

I remember the Corona pop-man coming around, we also used get the Davenports 'Beer At Home' wagon

14 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

I remember the Corona pop-man coming around,

Came along our road also.  Once per month?

1 hour ago, HEM said:

Came along our road also.  Once per month?

I think it was every 2 weeks, we also had a Co-Op mobile shop come around as well