What made you smile today?

5,716 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CincyInDE said:
  • Google "thanos"
  • click the Infinity Gauntlet
  • watch

- click the Infinity Gauntlet again

A Dutch man is living with that constant feeling of being watched ― because for the most part, he is. 

Jos Baart told the Netherlands nature program “Vroege Vogels” that a Eurasian eagle owl had nested in the planter just outside his third-floor window. It then hatched “three giant chicks.”  

As the footage shows, they spend a lot of time watching each other: 

video here

On 5/8/2020, 9:05:28, john g. said:

I chatted to a Brit this afternoon down at the beach in front of his camper van. It turned out he was the first person I had ever met who was a Ten Pound Pom!😂
10 quid by boat from England to Australia as a teenager in the 60s!

Just a guess- only keefy and wulfrun on here will know the term. Or maybe bramble?

My Uncle Charlie was a 'ten pound Pom', my Mom's brother, But their Dad, my granddad, was actually born in Oz and moved to the UK... I'm still in touch with my Australian cousins.

On 5/13/2020, 11:00:31, john g. said:

Out with a dog and there was a snake on the path between the olive trees. Roza, the dog , was fine about it. The snake was also fine about it. So I decided to be fine about it as well.

But I wasn’t really!

Back in the '80s, I holidayed on Amorgos island a few times, back then it was a really peaceful place to stay, almost untouched. Very often I would come across snakes basking on the rocks, but as long as you leave them alone they just watch you walk past...

I always remember one day I was walking back from the beach and I dropped into a taverna for a few beers, They had the TV on and the FA Cup Final was just starting, Coventry vs Spurs and Coventry won...

On 12/05/2020, 11:50:08, john g. said:

SO silly.. I HAD to smile!!!

77D9712D-2757-42B9-A65B-2BE03FBC7FB7.jpeg

I always thought there were a lot of cheap meals when I was in Italy.

All the young Italian ladies kept telling me "Pizza Offer".

On 5/6/2020, 11:30:32, Janx Spirit said:

39) "Money (That's What I Want)"?

(Kid being given money by the entrance booth)

Back in the Ussr (soldiers on the horses)

The Seychelles are now free of Corvid-19.

Additionally their government announced that the Seychelles will also be cruise ship free by the end of 2021.

I hope the Caribbean Islands to be free of this monsters in 2021 (and the years to come) too.

On 5/20/2020, 3:49:25, Wulfrun said:

Back in the '80s, I holidayed on Amorgos island a few times, back then it was a really peaceful place to stay, almost untouched. Very often I would come across snakes basking on the rocks, but as long as you leave them alone they just watch you walk past...

I always remember one day I was walking back from the beach and I dropped into a taverna for a few beers, They had the TV on and the FA Cup Final was just starting, Coventry vs Spurs and Coventry won...

1987! I was in Jakarta and had a TV I used to put on at home  sometimes to listen to the language. Most of the programmes were religion- based but late one evening I was having a beer at home with a couple of mates and, suddenly, some programme or other was suddenly interrupted and it was announced they were going live to London for the FA Cup Final!

That was the match!👍🏼