What made you smile today?

5,000 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2020, 7:14:08, john g. said:

Peacock is the generic term. Yep, the females are peahens or " female peacocks."

There´s even one named after you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh_Gi7PCqs

Forgive my being pedantic, John, but I see in there:

7 peafowl (gender-neutral)

6 peahens

1 peacock.

I might be wrong--my eyesight is not what it used to be! :D:D:D:D:D

Should there be somebody who doesn't know what the song is about:

One morning I woke up
goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye
one morning I woke up
and I found the invader.

Oh partisan take me away
goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye my Beautiful, goodbye
oh partisan take me away
that I'm feeling like dying

The invaders are the Germans (WWII)

Coronavirus: Forget toilet paper - shoppers in the Netherlands are panic-buying weed

Shortly after 5 pm on Sunday, the government of the Netherlands issued an urgent decree: To control the coronavirus outbreak, virtually all restaurants and bars were being ordered to shut their doors until April 6, effective less than an hour later, at 6 pm. Included in the ban were the famed "coffee shops," which sell more pot than pots of joe.

Within minutes of the announcement, lines stretched around the block at shops across the Netherlands as stoners sought to stock up on enough weed to get them through weeks of quarantine. "We were going to get groceries and saw a huge line in front of the coffee shop," said Guntars Upis, a student in Amsterdam. "We decided to get some too, before it closed."

5e774cbb73fc6_momspit.jpg.0730f50133a6d5

I can remember having several grazed knees & elbows treated with Mom spit on a hankie...

The Soggy Bottom Brothers singing 'A Man of Constant Sorrow' from the Coen brother's film 'O Brother Where Are Thou?' The Papi O'Daniel Flour Hour and And Papi's radio station WEZY. :) Not to mention Dapper Dan pomaded George Clooney lip syncing (with the other actors too). 

Beautiful, buddy Tor!💋💋💋

( but next time, please make sure to wear a mask and gloves!)- following the current etiquette!

😂😂

5e7c763f8a881_babycage.jpg.e2e05ea5d0bf1

Apparently these cages were popular with families in high-rise buildings, allowing their kids to get some fresh air.

I'm guessing that this is where Trump got his idea, in fact that kid actually looks like him...

Listening to Travis'Why Does It Always Rain on Me' and watching Fred, sorry, Fran, Healy running around in his flappy kilt in the video. Call me a dirty old bat but a young man in a kilt, now that is my idea of sexy. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXatLOWjr-k

57 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Fran Healy! :lol:

I got the 'F' right at least. :) Taking another look at the vid now. 

Our very nice Miele coffee machine decided to stop working last week. I voted to send it for repair but Himself said he could fix it. He took the thing apart and then came with a component and said that was the culprit so he ordered one (€70). It came and he installed it. No go. So then he decided it was another huge part (€50) and he ordered it. It came. No go. Then he decided it was a tiny little o-ring that needed replacing so he ordered it (20 cents). It worked!! So now we have good coffee again and have put away the emergency drip coffee supplies. Good riddance! I reckon the machine is new again with the new parts.