What made you smile today?

4,693 posts in this topic

This comment I read after and article I read about a study that was done asking people how much money they have in the bank and how much debt -

I remember the good old days when who I voted for, what my religion is and how much money I had was NOBODY's business. Can we get back to the NUNYA generation. It's none of your business who I vote for, it's none of your business if I'm christian or not and it's certainly none of your business how much money or debt I have. If everyone would just stick to that, the world would be a better place.

I also miss the Nunya generation.

15 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

This comment I read after and article I read about a study that was done asking people how much money they have in the bank and how much debt -

I also miss the Nunya generation.

I miss it too.  Now we have everybody wanting to know everybody's business and nonstop identity politics.  It's exhausting.

20 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I miss it too.  Now we have everybody wanting to know everybody's business and nonstop identity politics.  It's exhausting.

I checked yesterday on my Firefox because they told me yesterday 3 different Twitter companies had tried to enter my PC for 'marketing' purposes. Since September Firefox has blocked over 82k trackers. Who the F. gave them permission to do such a thing. It's like just letting them walk into your home and go through all your drawers, files, photo albums etc. They are not on my need to know list and should be banned from such intrusive tracking.

My Nicole is due home around 1 am tomorrow morning here in the village after a while in Hamburg visiting her son. Rosina is waiting... ( hope I can stay awake! )

:rolleyes:

PHOTO-2019-12-12-10-31-48.jpg

Nice bag of chocolate  gingerbreds. and a collrction of jokes.

On 12/12/2019, 8:46:32, john g. said:

My Nicole is due home around 1 am tomorrow morning here in the village after a while in Hamburg visiting her son. Rosina is waiting... ( hope I can stay awake! )

:rolleyes:

PHOTO-2019-12-12-10-31-48.jpg

Rosina is meanwhile inside ( the only cat allowed in meanwhile because, jeez, there are millions of them and she´s the sexiest of them..) and was reasonably happy with tuna fish.

I feel sorry for the fish, though..but what can you do? Nature...

Sign in my local hospital;
“From all of us here at the Dermotology Department - Merry Eczemas”.🎄

Oh Clive! You naughty beast! Many years ago in Hamburg..I had  shingles just before Xmas. Nerve-related..girlfriend had just left me and stuff. Very painful.

My mate Tony from Derby phoned me and started with: " Shingle bells, shingle bells..."

Yep!

I watched "Hidden Figures" tonight on netflix and was delighted by the much more apt German title:  "Unerkannte Heldinnen"

damn straight!

(great movie by the way)

So a tiny little puppy called Mandy has temporarily been kidnapped from uncaring neighbours (who have been informed and they don´t care ) when it´s cold and wet and now has her own bed inside a warm house. . I  just saw one of my socks on it!

:D