What made you smile today?

4,405 posts in this topic

"Ninja student gets top marks for writing essay in invisible ink"

A Japanese student of ninja history who handed in a blank paper was given top marks - after her professor realised the essay was written in invisible ink.

Eimi Haga followed the ninja technique of "aburidashi", spending hours soaking and crushing soybeans to make the ink.

The words appeared when her professor heated the paper over his gas stove.

"It is something I learned through a book when I was little," Ms Haga told the BBC. "I just hoped that no-one would come up with the same idea."

BBC

An “armed” robber was forced to buy a 99p cheeseburger so staff could open the till at the McDonald’s he was attempting to rob.

Daniel Parra-Braun, 37, burst into the fast-food restaurant and placed a note on the counter which read: “I am armed. Give till cash now.”

But he was left stunned when he was told the tills would not open unless he bought something off the menu.

Incredibly, Parra-Braun ordered a 99p cheeseburger and even handed over a £5 note before making off with £136 in cash.

The secret to shiny hair? Salmon, herring, sardines, rabbit, hare, lamb, duck, pheasant, venison, fruit, vegetables…

Who dines like this?

Loulou

Watching the World Gymnastic Championships from Stuttgart, absolutely fantastic athletes.

The American Simone Biles is in a class of her own.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer looking intently through the S section of the dictionary in the library, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something.

We have new Greek neighbours. The husband is a teacher with THREE pupils in the village school and his wife is at home.

I had just finished making myself lunch when the wife came to the door and asked me where Nicole was.

“ in Hamburg.“

“ ah, I haven‘t seen her for a couple of days. Give me a plate and I will be back in ten minutes.“

True to her word- she came back with spaghetti and meat balls.

That is how it also is here.( Cos I also moan about many things😂.)

1 hour ago, john g. said:

True to her word- she came back with spaghetti and meat balls.

Good ole Greek cuisine...

I know, HEM! She even said it was a Greek meal for me!

I thanked her sincerely, of course. The Venetians were on Crete for ages, by the way.