What made you smile today?

4,808 posts in this topic

Wonder what subplot the illustrator had when he drew these pictures in this young children's schoolbook.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFzBcSdWoAI3yDo.png

My uncle had a bumper sticker on his car that made sense to me:

It read “Honk if you love peace and quiet”.

Email from my sister about my Thanksgiving plans for perhaps a dozen guests:

'It’s very sensible to eat out, but I love imagining your house at dinnertime with people all over eating off their knees.' 

I just saw some idiot at the gym put a water bottle in the Pringles holder on the treadmill.

53 minutes ago, katheliz said:

Email from my sister about my Thanksgiving plans for perhaps a dozen guests:

'It’s very sensible to eat out, but I love imagining your house at dinnertime with people all over eating off their knees.' 

That reminds me a lot of the Thanksgiving parties at my house, where we have to eat in shifts. :)

2 hours ago, Metall said:

That reminds me a lot of the Thanksgiving parties at my house, where we have to eat in shifts. :)

At least we'll be dressed up! :D 

43 minutes ago, katheliz said:

At least we'll be dressed up! :D 

*stares* *groans* *laughs* ;)

I was a bit worried about being PC or non/PC...we chatted to an Israeli couple here this evening that we had just met. Both our age. Topic sprang to shoe shops and the Israeli husband said he was going to a shoe shop in town tomorrow and he would take his own chair while his wife was "  busy ".

Bloody hell..I was able to relax. Have been reading too much over-the-top " sexism " stuff on the news the last few years.

Thank God for reality!

It is TRUE, babes..so there! I do NOT do shoe shops..Nicole does:P.. So am I a sexist fascist pig that should be shot at dawn?

59 minutes ago, john g. said:

It is TRUE, babes..so there! I do NOT do shoe shops..Nicole does:P.. So am I a sexist fascist pig that should be shot at dawn?

Himself doesn't do shoe shops either so he just doesn't go to them. What's the problem?

If he is ever with me when I want to go into one, I just meet him at the next beer place.

Simplz!