What made you smile today?

4,604 posts in this topic

Reading the "Performance" (sic) figures on this, my first car. Was it really that slow?

http://www.gbclassiccars.co.uk/ford_anglia105e_123e.html

I went to a big disco karaoke thingy last night. after waiting several hours and enduring second-rate trannies lip-syncing to every Madonna song ever written, I got up and rocked New York New york. A dude went out of his way to find me, tell me he really enjoyed my performance, and buy me a beer.

Saw this story on my local BBC news channel today.

This radio station is non-profit making and is operated by volunteers, all retired pensioners.

Nothing digital or downloaded here, all the music is on vinyl and the "New" stuff can be found on C.D.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-14762491

The guy who went queue-jumping at Deutsche Bank, Marienplatz, today. He passed the whole line and waited close to a counter. I was first in line and asked him, "Sorry, sir, are you in a hurry?" (pointing to the sign saying "Wait here" at the same time). He slunk past me saying that he really hadn't seen it, apologized to all of us and went to the back of the line.

And he was German! - Well, at least he spoke accent-free German.

For once i forgot Monster was a job search engine. Thought some boss is putting pressure on this poor guy - hehe.

post-222371-14187688152994_thumb.jpg

An early smile!

Yesterday I handed over a package to my local DHL, at the village post office.

I was returning a Kindle Fire to Amazon, as I did not like it.

Opening my mail this morning, there was a message from Amazon, timed just before midnight last night: my package has been received and the money refunded!

Yes, I smiled. People talk about boycotting Amazon etc but you have to admit, their service is beyond magnificent.

I bought Tunisian dates today! I smiled because I never buy them at any other time of the year or eat them. Seeing them just reminded me of my Xmas childhood days in England - nobody ate them either but they were were always around on some table or other! :)

Still making me smile: Royal Institute Christmas Lecture whereby they'll be turning the Shell Building on London's South Bank into a big tetris game

Scary smart niece #1 on the trumpet, mom tickling the ivories and...moi.

Christmas morning is a terrible time to perform...

Better to sing it in the morning while still sober rather than with a drunken slur at the end of the day.