Looking to meet new friends

53 posts in this topic

Hello I just moved in the Hamburg area from New York City. I've been following this website for quite sometime and I love the feed back. Im limited with the German language so it's a little hard to hold a conversation. I love playing basketball and I would to find a place to play around the Eidelstedt area. I love hip-hop, but I generally listen to anything. I wouldn't mind experiencing Hamburg's artistic side as well. I hope to hear from anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Hi Dom,

search for 'basketball hamburg' in the upper right hand corner and you wil find a link to some info.

Hi Dom,

I am new to HH too from NYC. I have been here for 4 months.

Let me know if you want to grab a beer.

Be nice to meet someone from home.

Allan

Hi Allan, welcome to town. I am from Seattle and always up for a beer.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't know how this message system works, I don't get notifications. But I'm definitely down to grab a beer

I'm also up for some beers and/or hoops! Did you guys manage to organize something?

I play on tuesdays and thurdays in wilhemsburgh, its a little far for me but i havent found anythin closer yet

Hey Everyone! I am from Michigan so it looks like we have NYC, Detroit and Seattle covered :) Anyone wanna meet up some time soon for a drink?

Hello Everyone!

My partner and I have also just moved to Hamburg coming from the UK. We are also both interested in meeting new people and trying to get more of a social life here in Hamburg!

Fell free to message me :)

Amy

Hello guys, just came across these forums while trying to find to meet up with people from the city. My name is Jawad, I'm from London. I'm here until the 16thave for holidays. Would be up for meeting up for some drinks.

since there isn't anyone pushing the organisation I will gladly do it! I like being proactive about life.

Feel free to add me on whatsapp And I can make a group for...

oh I think it would be better to inbox those numbers :D

I live near Borgweg

Hi,

Did anybody ever organise a beer? I've recently moved here from the UK with my fiance (she's American - New York) and I'd love to find some people to hang out with, grab a drink, and wax lyrical in a language I can understand (I'm still learning German).

How do people feel about meeting up next Friday (20th Feb)? There are some cool bars in Schanzenviertel (U3 to Steinschanze) and it's pretty accessible from all sides of the city (we're in Winterhude so equally happy to meet up somewhere near there...)

If you're up for it, we can setup a WhatsApp group and organise it from there (will save on phone bills for those still using UK, American numbers).

Leo

Good day

I'm moving to Hamburg from London on the 5 March and just wanted to say hi to my fellow ex-pats. Would be great to meet for drinks and I'm also looking for a job so if you know anybody who is looking to employ English speakers, that would be great too. :)

if you know anybody who is looking to employ English speakers..

As bar tender or database application developer?