Kitesurfing Lower Saxony

5 posts in this topic

Hey

I have recently moved to Göttingen and am looking for any friendly kitesurfers who would be willing to re-teach me the sport! I learnt the basics of kitesurfing and got really into it about 5 years ago, but didn't really do it for long enough and have had too long a break since learning to feel comfortable going out by myself yet. Does anyone know of any kitesurfing clubs around Göttingen, or at least in Lower Saxony? I don't mind travelling a bit to get to an available beach!

There's a fair few options on the coast - everywhere from the islands of Langeoog and (I think) Juist, to near Cuxhaven and Wilhelmshaven, to St Peter Ording. That's the world cup location, though it's further away in SH.

The closest option if you want open water might actually be in the Netherlands, otherwise I'd suggest near Emden - http://www.kitesurfing-emden.de/

A non-coastal option that is much closer is Hannover – Steinhuder Meer. Can't recommend a particular club though.

The none water type ---

Take Reinhauserlandstr out from the city. As you pass the last petrol station on the right hand side you will see big fields ... more often than not there are kite surfers there in an evening .. certainly at the weekends.

(kite surfing... scuba diving ... what else?)

(kite surfing... scuba diving ... what else?)

How about gliding? (although the season is pretty much over for this year).