Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for recommendations for 4-star hotels

11 posts in this topic

Hi,we have friends visiting Hamburg for the first time and they want to stay in central HH for 3 days before coming to see us,does anyone have any advice for a nice 4 star hotel in HH,they will be arriving the first week in december ,any tips would be well appreciated.

Duh !would never of thought of that,what is the point of a forum when you ask for tips and get a bloody stupid answer! of course we can all look at tripadviser,trivago,booking .com but i thought i would ask expats if they have any good tips,never mind off to google i spose :(

Start early. A few years ago I wanted to book a room for my parents in December, and I started calling about 4 weeks in advance. Everything was booked. I called the Radisson! booked! Holiday Inn had 1 room with 2 single beds. The Atlantic is a nice choice.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187331-d5983829-Reviews-Prizeotel_Hamburg_City-Hamburg.html

It is unlikely anyone will recommend this joint because it is so new.

And you're welcome.

It's also unlikely because OP specifically asked about 4-star hotels, and the one you mention is a 3-star budget hotel.

we stayed at the Mariott in Hamburg - it was fairly decent, almost Hiltonish.

I slept at the HBH one night...

It was cold and drafty.. But free...

I did pay for a nice hotel that night, but the ex picked a fight with me and she won...

I know this wont help at all... But I leaned a lesson...

Sofitel Alter Wall and Steigenberger are both 5 Stars, but sometimes you can get a value deal ,especially if you book well in advance.

If it is near the budget I would consider it seriously. Nice and in great location.