Rock climbing and bouldering, indoor and outdoor

59 posts in this topic

Hey,

Please get in touch if you are up for some bouldering or climbing. I would be very happy to drive to Kochel or the Inntal to do some climbing there or some Alpine routes if any one is interested.

Laurent

Hi,

I am looking for a company for outdoor climbing to make one or two day trips to the mountains. I climb on and off for couple year but I'm still beginner, usually climb easy routes 4-6+. If interested please let me know at 017649693861.

Jan

Hello,

I'm new to climbing and I met a guy about a month ago at Schuster who said he didn't mind taking beginners out. He was an American who has lived here for about 4 years with his German wife and young child. He was maybe around 40 and his name started with a "J" I think. I realize it's kind of random, but does this sound familiar to anyone in the climbing community?

Thanks,

Andrew

i would like to go climbing on Sun or Mon - indoors (Thalkirchen or Gilching) if the weather is bad, otherwise outdoors.

Is anyone up for it?

Horst (m/43/60kg)

Hi

I am a 32yr old student just here for 2 months from Australia, wondering if anyone wants to clip some bolts with me tomorrow, also free during the weeknights and some week days.

Kristy

Just a heads up for indoor boulderers: Boulderwelt is pretty accessible even if you're alone. I'd warrant that 10-15% of the folks there many nights are native English speakers, and just about everyone else speaks plenty of English (after-work/evening weekend age is pretty concentrated around 20s-40s). People there are friendly, and generally open to suggesting ways to approach a certain problem if you're stuck, etc.

It tends to get really crowded from 7pm to 9pm during the week.

As an aside, I'm often there with one to a couple friends once or twice a week, often Wed or Thus (5pm to 7.30pm ish) and Sat or Sun evenings (7pm+ ish). My climbing outfit is consistent: a grey Angkor Beer tank-top, and baggy green shorts over chicken legs stuck in yellow and black shoes. I have been said to resemble the offspring of an intoxicated monkey and Gumby, which is to say that "me climb pretty one day" (but that day has yet to come).

Feel free to come over and say hi if you spot me there.

Me and a few others are thinking of a day or weekend outdoor bouldering trip in July.

Anyone up for it?

Alternatively if anyone has any bouldering mats they'd mind lending or know anywhere that rents them it'd be appreciated.

I just moved to Munich this week and I'd love to go on a bouldering trip. I don't have any mats though. Also, I think I'll check out boulderwelt tonight. Will probably arrive around 8-9pm PM me if you want to meet up!

I should be at Boulderwelt today, but a few hours earlier (try to beat the crowds and arrive around 5-6). I'm nursing an injury, so I'm not sure how long I'll stay, but it's a safe bet I'll be there until at least 7pm. Shoes are now orange, shorts are still too big and green, legs still of the chicken variety, still in a tank top (but now chosen from a variety). Feel free to say hi if you get there before I leave and see me.

Anybody still here???

Would love if anybody was available to partner up for some indoor climbing at Thalkirchen. I can belay, lead and toprope (up to 6=/6-.

I'm an 18 year old male from Venezuela, weighing around 65 kg. I've just started climbing recently but love it and am ready for anything!

Repeated Message From Forum "Friday is Climbing"

For anyone who is interested in joining me I am going with some friends from Work Friday 7th to Boulderwelt 6pm.

No experience necassary, just sports clothes.

let me know if you wanna join.

Regards

Ben

Hi fellow climbers!  No action on this thread in about a year now but maybe somebody will notice this post.

I climb out at Boulderwelt West almost every Wednesday but I can do any weeknight and weekend and happy to go to Boulderwelt Ost or Thalkirchen.  I can climb the occasional 6b indoor but I haven't been outdoor in over a year.  Ideally we could get a group together (hopefully one of those group members owns a car :)) and do some weekend trips to real rock.  I'm getting sick of plastic but it's better than nothing at all!

Just reply if anyone's interested in getting together.  I'm a 27/m/USA (haven't written that since AOL chat rooms 15 years ago!)

Hi all, any climbers left in Munich? I used to go indoor climbing quite regularly (once a week) until I moved to Munich for work. Now I'm without a climbing partner and was hoping I could find him/her on Toytown?

Hey guys,

Kinda late to the party, but is anyone still around who would be interesting in bouldering/climbing??

Drop me a message if you are.

Kind regards,

David

Hallo!

I'm moving here with my Bavarian wife in September, but currently here now for a couple of weeks sorting some work/living stuff out. Looking for some climbing of any description, wether a practice at one of the many wonderful walls in town, or on some actual rock with ropes and stuff. I have the kit for just about any style, and a camper van to get around in. I'll even do some trad with you.... Trying to get my head round the grades but I think I climb upto a German 7.

Drop us a message if you fancy a climb!

Cheers, Jon