Motorcycling rideouts

83 posts in this topic

Hi,

No worries, certainly up for a spin and a curry.

Triumph Sprint ST - probably go for a gentle trip as she needs to be run in anyway.

Jono

This man has taste.

Yeah go easy at first but not for too long ;)

I'm not sure that I'll be in a fit state to head out tomorrow.

Would have come out with you Jono but I've now moved back to Bath. Sham,e really as a ride around the Alps would have been good this weekend.

Excellent choice is it a 1050 or a 955? I have a Sprint RS. Are you aware of the Tridays trip to Neukirchen at the end of Aug?

See link:

Tridays

Biking Bud

Thanks for the tip on the TRIdays , I'll check it out.

Its the 1050 , first 'sensible' bike after many sportbikes.

Pluses

Nice Engine , with more character than a 4 but not as brutal as my old MilleR

Great Burble on the overrun - although sports pipes are looking like a must

Good on variable quality, bumpy roads

Minuses

Front Too Soft - needs new internals/valves progressive springs (argh...)

ABS needs to be switchable, but soft front compromises full on braking anyhow, with a better front end might become an issue - did asksif it was switchable told it was , but it transpires it isn't.

Seat shape prevents hanging off - need to adapt my riding style , or get a different seat.

I dont know what came over me!

Just to reassure you here is me having another gentle trip racing at Cadwell Park.

post-8033-1154795237_thumb.jpg

Anybody up for a rideout this weekend ? - looks like weather will be OK for once !

Jono

According to weather forecast tomorrow looks safer than Sunday. Dunno if I can get a pass from 'er indoors and also going to tedious BBQ tomorrow evening. But up for suggestions??

I'm off to watch the brave but pale and hopeless paddies get hammered by the tanned and systematic locals in Stuttgart so no go this weekend.

Getting new tyres on Monday though so I need to wear off the factory finish off them soon. Anybody got time next weekend ?

OK, for thise who can this Sunday. I'll be leaving from the Hauptbahnhof at 10.30 ish. Parking in the motorcycle bay on the Hertje side near the main enterance. Red Sprint ST.

Not sure of the route (head for the lakes and thebig pointy things in the distance) I'll bring a map and we can have a coffee to pick something. Aiming to be back early evening ish.

I'm also up for next weekend so I think Yeti is in , anyone else?

Jono

Just got back from a wee trip to run my new bike in. The bike only had 600kms on the clock so this added an extra 3,000 this week.

Day 1.

Munich to Prague. I didn't like Prague at all despite my mate saying it is great in advance. Very commercial and just full of romantic couples having dinner, or street hawkers

trying to get you in to see dwarf sex. Maybe was worse 'cos it was a Sunday evening but I will not be rushing back.

post-544-1210600272_thumb.jpg

Day 3.

Krakow to Lviv via Auschwitz. This was a badly planned day frankly. 4 hours sleep and a hangover but on the road by 10am. Auschwitz is West from Krakow and we really wanted to be heading East. This meant we were not back in Krakow area until 3pm. The Ukranian border at 8pm was a nightmare - huge queues and nasty border guards. Took 2 hours to ge through, and then another 2 hours to travel around 70km in the dark on 3rd world road into Lviv. The Ukranians are also not the most friendly and welcoming I have ever met. Fags are 50p a pack and fuel is 40p a litre, but not cheap enough to make me wanna stay long.

post-544-1210600623_thumb.jpg

Day 4.

Lviv to Kosice

Late start and on the road at 12 for Lviv to the Polish border, but taking the southerly route through the Ukraine. Mostly a new road, but dangerous 'cos we saw quite a few smash ups. It's a quick road but you still get slow cars and tractors pulling into your path. Make sure you have Ukranian money as some gas stations do not take cards or €uros and you must pay in advance. We got ripped off at one. Kosice in Eastern Slovakia is the 2nd largest town in Slovakia. We loved it - friendly people, nice bars and my favourite stop on the trip. Another late night.

post-544-1210600938_thumb.jpg