Motorcycling rideouts

71 posts in this topic

Just curious to know if any there are any TT bikers (the forum, not the IOM event:) on here and if so do you have any rideouts planned ?

Another biker is always welcome! What do you ride? I am out in the sticks Landsberg way, but we have been known to get together for a ride and a curry round this way. I am usually up for a blast assuming I have a pass from the wife!

Wanted to post a couple of pictures and this seemed like the perfect place. Just came back from Mellrichstadt after visiting my folks on a bike tour they're doing. The trip was organised by Rob & Sandra of Freedomtouring.co.uk. I was driving so had to keep a relatively low profile 'cause they were all taking the piss. Here's a few bike shots...

post-8-1145803832_thumb.jpg

This was the hotel owners bike. That sidecar has two seats in it.

Well you and your mates must not have been invited.

Here's some more hardware for you...

post-8-1145812708_thumb.jpg

What do you ride?

Normally I ride a Triumph Tiger (I've been the one of the moderators of the Tiger group on yahoo for a few years now) , unfortunately it's sat in garage in the UK with a broken gearbox, so atm I'm tooling round on a rusty 15 yr old Suzuki DR800 Single. (Which in itself is a complete box of frogs)

Took me 22 hrs hours to ride out here t'other week (when it was still snowing and horrible), but 6 of those were due to a broken chain just south of Brussels (and the ensuing recovery to a local garage and a 2 hr kip on the mechanics floor whislt he finished lunch :o , still had to be done...

So if the rusty ole shed holds up I'd be up for hoon sometime (curry sounds nice too :)

And as for GPS, best thing since sliced bread, I've had one on my bike for about 4 years now...how else would one find ones way straight to the good bars ?

Anybody up for a rideout on Sunday ?

Finally got delivery of my new bike, but nobby-no-biker mates in Munich !

Jono