Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Missing DHL Paket

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

On the 23rd of July i sent a Packet to Frankfurt from Freiburg via DHL at the Deutsche Postoffice near the Hbf. My friend did not receive the packet and the online tracking system has only one entry dated 23rd July DHL Track and Trace

I tried to call the DHL people on the number given on their website (and the call never got through) and i finally managed to send them an Nachforschungsauftrag on the 29th of July. On the 7th of August i received a letter from DHL mentioning that they are sorry that i think that the packet is missing (or something like that) asking me to send the proof for the contents in the Paket and it's value which i duly sent them back the very next day.

And that's about it, i did not hear from DHL again except for two emails one stating that they have transferred my inquiry to the respective department and the other "Case is not finished yet, we inform you as soon possible"

DHL has not responded to any of my emails and their phone service is a Joke. The people at the Deutsche post claim that they have nothing to do with it as they are only a collecting agency(?)

Can someone tell me if there is anything that i could do about it or i wait an eternity for the DHL bastards to do something about it (I read in some of the online forums that people have received their packet or have been reimbursed in 2~3 weeks)

Regards

Sanjay

Hey guys,

A bit of a long story, hope you'd bare with me. I've gotten into a fairly frustrating and annoying situation with DHL... I've bought something quite large on eBay, and so waited for the delivery. On the 2nd of June, the tracking information said the package was loaded onto a truck in Tempelhof (which is 10 min from my apartment, tops), and will probably be delivered that same day. Two days go by, nothing. I try and contact DHL, and since my German is still not super - it was really difficult... However, after a few days of them saying the regular things ("the package will definitely be delivered today or tomorrow..."), I got them to open an investigation. During that time I also contacted the seller, who also started an investigation on his side, and said he will send a replacement. days go by, and needless to say I was home, and even when I wasn't - I made sure to check the mailbox - and guess what? nothing. No note, no delivery. I also regularly checked the tracker, and nothing changed.

On June 13th, I finally got an email back from DHL saying the package is lost, and that there's practically nothing they can do. Ok, at least everything is recorded - didn't sign anything - an annoyance, but not my problem.

Just two days later, on around the 15h, I notice that suddenly the tracking information changed - and now says the package was successfully delivered on the 4th - and even more bizarre - they wrote they left it with a neighbor, and gave my name as the neighbor - What the f?? As I mentioned - I was home, checked the mailbox, nothing arrived - and their reply was from the 13th - this makes absolutely no sense! To make things worse, because the package got so delayed, I am now on vacation outside the country, and have to deal with this from afar.

Now I have no clue what to do... the seller sent me an email now saying the package was successfully delivered, and thus no replacement will be sent... Obviously I didn't sign anything, was home through that week and nothing was there. I don't know if a neighbor stole it, or DHL is trying to shake responsibility - but I'm the one suffering...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about opening a PayPal claim... that's my only idea.

Thanks guys!

DHL had some issues with delivery due to a strike. Just a few minutes ago I finally got a parcel which was sent off almost 2 weeks ago.

So what you should do is write letter/email claiming that you haven't received the package yet and that you contest the information given on their tracking website. (I think you could use this site for your letter).

Then you write the same thing , contesting having received the parcel, to the sender and ask for a prove of delivery.

Both DHL and the sender can only claim that you have received the parcel if they have your signature.

Most important right now is to make your claims, produce some paperwork so the whole thing can't be denied afterwards because of delay of your part.

Thanks for the advice! and that's exactly what I did. The moment I saw the change in the Tracking information I sent a letter to DHL and then a bit later to the seller... They both hadn't replied.

I've heard about the strike, but the thing is - if they would have changed the status to "Delivered", but on a date that actually made sense, like yesterday or two days ago (AND would've mentioned a neighbor's name that is not my own) I would have been less suspicious. But like this, it seems to me like DHL is trying to shift the blame to me... which angers me (and the thought of a neighbor somehow stealing my package is not less infuriating... I'm new in the building and don't really know the neighbors...) 

Is it possible that they did deliver to your neighbor but put your name in their system instead of neighbor's name? You can check it by putting announcement on your entrance door.

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I bought a book on ebay. I waited about three weeks for it to arrive. I got nothing, not even a note. I got back to the seller and he checked the tracking. It said that it had been delivered. I hadn´t signed for it or either had my flatmates.

It turns out that they delivered it to a neighour and it had been sitting in his apartment for about a month. The DHL guy forgot to leave a note. Luckily I was able to call up and collect it.

But this sounds very fishy to me. Either the delivery guy messed up and is trying to cover his tracks or someone took the package in and gave your name. Either way, they should have a signiture for recieving the package. So if you can get a look at that signiture, it might shed some light on to what went wrong. Obviously, if someone signed your name, then it was probably nicked but how they got the DHL guy to not leave a note I don´t know. Unless they managed to get the note out of your mailbox somehow. ANyway, good luck.