Rufnummernmitnahme for cell phone (O2 to Lidl)

9 posts in this topic

My experience porting an O2 mobile number (pre-paid) to Fonic/Lidl Mobile

1. Download a Waiver from (Verzichtserklärung) from O2s website or call their customer support and ask them to email the form. Usually the new service provider has some sort of service on their website that will take all your information and then create a Waiver form that you have to submit to your old provider.

2. Fill out the form carefully and either mail the form or fax it (Fax O2: 089954579006). The form has to be signed and dated before it is sent out.

3. Usually you will receive an SMS on your old handy saying that the form has been received else give it a week before the next step. It should also inform you about the cost for porting the number (O2 charged 25€).

4. Make sure your old handy (from which the number is being ported) has the amount required for porting the number. Recharge if required.

5. Initiate the Rufnummernmitnehme process by requesting your new provider to port your handy number from the old provider. Fonic has an online application that takes all your details and then starts the process to port the number.

6. If there are any issues then you will get an email from the new provider explaining the reason why they could not complete the porting process.

7. Once the application is processed your old provider should deduct the cost for porting the number and this should be reflected in your account balance of your old number.

8. The number porting should now go through any day now..:)

Rufnummernmitnahme...I dare anyone to say this word three times without screwing it up. Even I habla the Deutchen but I can't do it.

(feel free to move this to the daily "rant" section)

This "Rufnummernmitnahme" process is like up there right after "colonoscopy", in terms of annoying processes.

1) I have no clue why they even charge this 25-30 euro, but so be it. Except #2

2) The 2nd operator wants a paper from the first that its ok to initiate the transfer.

3) Both operators take nearly 1-2 weeks each to process it. Combined time is 2-4 weeks.

Now the golden question, does anyone know what the state is of the First operators SIM card during that 2 week window where its not moved yet?

I mean if the card is no longer usable and you don't receive phone/SMS then all this exercise is nearly useless.

Thanks.

My former employer wanted to port my Fonic number to Telekom or somewhere else so he could make it a company phone but after I gave him the paperwork I had for it, he found out it was not possible and got me a new one.  At least he said it was not possible.  Maybe it was but possibly so much of a headache that it wasn't worth it.

It's not so difficult. I moved my number from Blau (prepay, E-Plus network) to HelloMobil (month-to-month contract, O2 network) without issues.

I used the instructions from here: https://www.congstar-forum.de/mobilfunk/archiv-mobilfunk/23739-howto-portierung-der-rufnummer-von-blau-de-prepaid-zu-congstar/?s=4be80cfc5199cd4cf63c1fae89a474ac808563b1 . They are in German, but understandable. Note that, unlike the HOWTO above by chrisv_7, the available credit cannot be used (at least at Blau) for the payment of the porting fee.

Took about ten days overall, the only downtime I've had lasted about ten hours (in the morning of the move I found my Blau SIM had been deactivated, in the evening I got the HelloMobil SIM in the post).

50 minutes ago, chrisv_7 said:

has anyone done this recently? Is it easier? 

I'm in the middle of it now. I emailed the form to the old provider (Lebara) a week ago, and signed up and did the ID with the new (Vodafone) the day after. So far Vodafone say they're waiting for the transfer and Lebara haven't said anything. But I don't know if this is normal.

I do know that the email address was right, because when I emailed rufnummermitnahme@lebara.com it came back as unknown and I realised it should have been rufnummernmitnahme@lebara.com. Tell me if you can spot the difference ;-)

Amazingly crap in comparison to how it works in the UK.

On 20/12/2021, 19:43:41, chrisv_7 said:

has anyone done this recently? Is it easier? 

Just to update in case anyone is listening. The day after the above Vodafone told me they couldn't transfer the number because it hadn't been released. I then contacted Lebara support who said "What email?" and asked me to send it again. I left it a week (Xmas and all) and today contacted them again and still "what email?", and asked me to send it a third time, this time to the general enquiry email and told me that yes I'd receive a confirmation. Well that was first thing this morning and still no confirmation.

I'm thinking now I'll send it by post along with a covering letter.

So no it doesn't seem to have become easier. I suppose there's a possibility there is a genuine problem where Google Mail can't send emails to Lebara, but that seems unlikely.  

Dembo,

I recently ported my number from prepaid Whatsapp to prepaid O2.  I had to fax or mail a port request to Whatsapp to release the number.  I faxed the request and received an email from Whatsapp stating it would take 4-5 business days to release the number.  I completed the "port in" information on the o2 website.  I had already activated an o2 prepaid sim card.  

The number from Whatsapp ported over to prepaid o2 in about 4-5 days.  I also was able to have Whatsapp transfer the remaining balance on my account to my bank account.

S.