RIP Joan Rivers

32 posts in this topic

I can't believe it - she seemed invincible at that ripe old age. Joanie, us Joan Rangers are going to miss you so much.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/04/showbiz/joan-rivers-dead/

Sad news for her family. She was gifted, and she ran with her gifts. I'm glad she didn't linger, bedridden and helpless.

So you don't expect your friends and acquaintances to be sorry when you go?

Oh, sorry. Well one thing I can tell is that if your friend, Joan Rivers, was a member of this forum then she would probably have a rep rating of minus 1 million.

Sorry, arifnahiyan, this thread is only for a dead woman and she's taken the position permanently. You're out of luck.

I don't think Joan Rivers would care if she had millions of negs, any more than do the people on TT who gather negs as if they were gold coins.

"Joan Rivers planned out her own funeral in her 2013 book 'I Hate Everyone… Starting With Me' and the details are all here.

'When I die, I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action…I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way,' Joan wrote in the book.

'I don’t want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don’t want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing ‘Mr. Lonely.’ I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive,' she added. 'I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyoncé‘s.'

'I love funerals! To me a funeral is just a red carpet show for dead people,' Joan continued. 'It’s a chance for mourners from all walks of life to accessorize basic black, and to make a fashion statement that is bold enough to draw attention away from the bereaved but subtle enough so that no one knows that it’s happening. And, it’s a great way to have quiet fun.'"

I think Esham could be a mortician. Great sense of humor to people that can't hear what he says. :P

apparently she will be recycled next week...

Whoever gets her will be a rich mofo. Wait, has it been the required 24 hours?

post-45337-14098761865167.jpg

minus 1 million.

You are not allowed to post the size of your penis (or lack of) on this forum. I'm hoping you are using CM and not inches. :P

Joan was one of the great ones, one of the quickest wits in the business. Never afraid to poke fun at herself, and always a pleasure to watch.

I found this comment on another site, and I think Joan would have liked it (it's something she'd say, anyway):

She died doing what she loved: recovering from plastic surgery

RIP, funny lady.

I didn't always appreciate her humor, but she was often hilarious. She was a pioneer and she stuck to her guns.

She died doing what she loved: recovering from plastic surgeryRIP, funny lady.

Although it is funny and she could have coined that, the surgery was apparently on her vocal cords.

Along with many others, I won't miss her. I admit that Joan broke lots of walls as a woman comedian, and was a prominent entertainer, but watching some of her old material however is just pathetic, and it's amazing that people still find it entertaining.

The short of my complaint is that dick jokes only go so far before they're worn out and stop being funny. Joan's entire repertoire was full of four-letter words, and if you rely on dirty jokes to keep you aloft, you're really not that talented.