Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thieves at U-bahn stations

12 posts in this topic

I once stopped a pickpocket on the London underground when I saw a guy dipping his hand in a womans bag, he got very angry about it and pushed me up against the train but then scarpered off. A week later my mother gave me a cup with a picture of Maggie Thatcher stealing a womans purse from her bag.

Carrying your wallet in your back-pack is not a very good idea anywhere you go.

Consider wearing a messenger type bag or satchel, cross body. Thieves like back packs and they will leave you alone.

Thanks for taking time to report this to the Police.

Yeah I'm pretty paranoid about these things. I have seldom been robbed, or lost things. Last time was last summer on a bus in Madras, when my iPhone was pilfered from my pocket :( I didn't even have a password on it.

Maggie thatcher took way more than a purse...

I have been to Africa 45 times and nothing happened, even in Lagos, Nigeria and Jo'Burg. Somebody stole my coat in Marriott Hotel in Slough near London. Off all places: Slough. Got the money back from insurance.

I have been to Africa 45 times and nothing happened, even in Lagos, Nigeria and Jo'Burg. Somebody stole my coat in Marriott Hotel in Slough near London. Off all places: Slough

Slough IS pretty bad though ;)

its a sad fact of life here in germany that HBFs (main train stations) are absolutly crawling with drug addicts and criminals, although the situation is alot better now than a few years ago. but still, you have to be on your guard at all times. my advice would be just to shout for help, with the way the world is right now there is a huge police presence at HBFs at the moment. i still have a picture in my mind of hamburg HBF from 20 years ago with large groups of homeless people sat around openly taking and selling drugs INFRONT of the police.

You have thieves everywhere in the world, but unfortunately, most of them in Germany are usually east european (Bulgarian, Romanian). I come from a harder area in San Francisco and part of street smarts is not to flaunt out that your a victim.

• Never ever put valuables in a backpack.

• Wallets and money in your back pocket is a no-go. The old cut the back pocket with the razorblaze trick works most of the time without you noticing it.

• Put your money and valuables in your front pockets.

• Don't look like a victim. Walking around the city with an eastpack belt bag around your chest and holding a city map in one hand shows that you don't know the area and makes it easier for thieves to pick their targets.

Hope this help.

Hello keep a good look out for a an afro caribean looking Person with died White hair. On Tuesday he was on a regio from Darmstadt to Frankfurt at 2100 and asked my daughter for help in French with directions from Frankfurt. As the train came to langen my daughter had to leave the train at which point she was pushed away by said person and he stole her brand new apple iphone which was with a new contract and because she is a Student of course it was not insured!!

And he is Afro Caribbean because he spoke French and you are sure he is not from any former French African colony or he told your daughter that in conversation. So that would make him from Haiti, Guadaloupe or Martinique, or perhaps. St. Lucia or Dominica speaking patois.

Not to take away from the fact that your daughter was robbed, I am curious how you knew of his background.

Oh my bad he is Afro Caribbean looking....