Where to Rent in Nuremberg? Best sites to check.

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to Germany, currently living in a hotel in Nuremberg. I'm looking to rent a flat or house, 2-3 bedrooms (preferably 3 bedroom) within the next month or so. I'd like to live in Zerzabelhof or a similar, nice neighborhood. I've already driven through and looked at Zerzabelhof and it's a beautiful area and seems like a great family environment. Are there any other suggestions? What are good websites, resources to check? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

You can try Mitwohnzentrale Franken website, but they charge a bomb in provision fees - though they speak English and are relatively helpful.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'd rather not have to pay any brokers/realtors/finder's fees if I don't have to.

Hi, and welcome to TT. :)

If you haven't yet, please read this TT Wiki page on renting in Germany. It's probably quite a bit different from what you're used to, so it's best to be aware of the pitfalls ahead. The page gives general info, tips on where to look for ads, and vocabulary help to understand German ads. And yes, unfurnished apartments here really are *empty*, including without a kitchen and without light fittings. Look for ads mentioning an EBK (Einbauküche = fitted kitchen) to avoid having to buy a kitchen yourself.

Be aware that there are - unfortunately - scammers operating on all accommodation sites, who will offer you an amazing flat at an unbelievably cheap price. If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is just that. See the threads Beware of accommodation scams and Apartment rental scam suspected for some hallmarks of scam accommodation adverts.

Make sure the word is put out at your workplace, via intranet, bulletin board, whatever, that you are searching for something. Many times it's "someone who knows someone who..." that will get you a flat. And do try the local newspapers as well - accommodation ads are usually in the print editions on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Some of these print ads will be in the online edition as well, but quite a few of the print ads - particularly those from private persons as opposed to agencies - are not online. Get the papers early, and start ringing from 8:00 am onward to arrange a viewing. Mailing people (if you find something online) generally doesn't produce much in terms of results, as people often concentrate on the phone calls and responding to mails falls by the wayside.

Feel free to access the wealth of information here on TT - the search function (top right of the page) will give you threads with your key words in the title. From that results page, you can go on to do a Google-powered search, which will give you threads with your key words anywhere in the thread.

Good luck!

Best area in Nürnberg is around Rathenauplatz. Check the usual sites like immobilienscout24.de and you will find a place without problems.

Enjoy your stay

Hi,

I am moving to Nuremburg next month with my family. We are looking for a furnished apartment from July onwards. Can anybody please suggest me a place where I can get a decent and economical option?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

P.S. We are looking for apartments with at least 70 sq m area.