Where to sell my car in Nuremberg

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am desperately trying to sell my 2009 BMW 116d here in Nuremberg, but have had no luck. I really need to have it gone by the 1st week in September. It is in excellent physical and mechanical condition, and it is priced to sell (EUR 10,250 OBO).

I have tried paying for the premium listing on Mobile.de and autoscout.de. I even have it listed here on the advert section here on Toytown. Can you recommend me any other options to sell the car? Is there any carmax equivalents here in Germany? Basically, I am fine with dumping it and just covering the outstanding loan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or if you are interested in it (or know someone who is), email me at BMW116dnuremberg@gmail.com or drop me a PM.

How long have you had it for sale?

Have you had no interest at all?

Maybe your ads are not catching peoples attention.

Post a link to the ads you have up if you want.

I've had a few bites, but nothing serious after the first two weeks. I started the process around the first week in July. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/auto-inserat/bmw-116d-dpf-n%C3%BCrnberg/196326563.html?lang=de&ticket=ST-7199776-1Pn7mbjwZ1hOWRDFbfSm-mycas46-3_c01_4201

Thanks

The first thing I would do is get some proper pictures on.

The car is nice enough, but a clue as to what the interior condition is like can't hurt.

The next thing I would do is heavily edit your text. You have 3 languages, so there is already a lot.

Nobody really cares why you are selling or about your language skills - keep it strictly about the car.

Mention any service history, particularly desirable extras etc.

The other thing that got my attention is you have ticked the warranty checkbox.

Is that a transferable manufacturers warranty? Detail that.

The last thing I would do is use the tools on the website to check your pricing is within a realistic range, then put it out somewhere in the bottom third as you are looking for a quick sale.

Best of Luck.

good pointers. I will definitely take this into consideration. I was thinking the 3 languages are key as I am trying to allow as many people to see it as possible. Nuremberg is full of non German speakers (myself included) and want to be sure to make it readable to as many as possible. That being said, I might as well try your suggestion and chose one.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to go ahead and update it tonight.

Cheers.

by the way, whats wrong with the pictures? I understand the interior ones, I had actually just forgot to add those. But whats wrong with the exterior?

You misunderstood.

Multiple language is good.

Telling your target market that your German is not so good is potentially off putting.

No need to mention your reasons either - you can tell people if they ask.

Basically, keep your ad short and focused on the car.

The pictures are OK in content, but don't show the car at its best.

It is a nice car, but is it black? Blue? Purple?

It would be better to have well lit pictures to show it off.

Thanks for the tips.

I had thought I was priced in the bottom third. Per the tools on Mobile.de the average price is around 11,300 Euros in Germany. Upon a closer investigation, I searched for the cars within a 100km radius, and that was in fact the average price. But then when I looked at the 200km radius, my car was priced in the middle. So I have lowered the price to be in that bottom third - now at 9,700. I am waiting for a sunny day and then will update the pictures (the car is dark blue by the way, and is often confused for black even in person).

Edit: for grammar

Have you tried to sell your car to one of the car dealers in Nuremberg?

There are literaly DOZENS of them in one area, on the whole length of Fuggerstr./Witschelstr./Leyher Str.. There's even one big BMW dealer.

According to my short research with mobile.de/ autoscout24.de your car is worth much more than 9,7k. I'd recommend to ask at least 10,5-11k, if you go there. your price on mobile.de looks too needy and there will be some heavy bargainers anyway, as some of them buy only for export...

I think the reason you can't sell your car on mobile.de is the premium option. I know it sounds weird, but whenever I want to buy a car, I automatically skip these special adverts with colourful accentuation and supersize pictures. They almost look like you need the commercial to sell it, but a good deal never needs a commercial...

I just made some experiences with Autoankauf Nürnberg - They buy used cars (all models basically). I could talk to an english speaking person who collected some data about my car (VW Golf from 2006) and called me back later that day, offering me quite a solid price.