Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The current weather in Frankfurt

80 posts in this topic

It's cloudy right now in Offenbach. I am considering doing a little rain dance on the balcony, just to tip the scales.

Well, however hot it has been today, and at once point it was absolutely scorching, it's at least temporarily broken the thermometer on my patio - stuck way past 50 :lol:.

I've just looked up my holiday destination for next week.

It's expected to be 24.  Fantastic :lol:.    Can I go now, please?

The new normal.

I have found the weather pretty annoying today (DA) because it has not been totally extreme but it is practically impassable.  It has been about -3 all day and we finally had a light covering of snow that then freezes over.  The result is quite hard to walk on, never mind (very misguidedly) ride a bike. No surprise there is almost nobody out tonight.

You can get really cheap ice/snow spikes that fit on your shoes, they work really well.  Cyclng on snow and ice with normal tyres is the art of not braking when you start to slide, which is something I am crap at.  Also cycling in a thunderstorm holding and umbrella with one had and smoking. 

Me too :D  In fact almost mentioned them - the big problem today was exactly because there was not quite enough snow to use them.  

shoes designed for working in kitchens, like the shoes for crews brand, are great for walking not only on slick or oily surfaces but also snowy and icy ones. i discovered this after walking homeward in my work shoes over snow and ice. now my old work shoes are my snow day shoes.?

6 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I love these

815UG3u2W-L.jpg.7c806ad8daaf604212c48f88

I just purchased some of these about 2 weeks ago.   But they are intended for a trip I will make to Norway next month.

Good, you can wear them for loads of things. I do use them here,  very useful for running after fresh snow.  You are hareing round the park, cutting a swathe through snowdrifts and over packed ice, while most other people are shuffling round like I described :lol:.

Per previous reply, DMs are also one of my go-to shoes for this, but even struggling with those.

The good thing is, in a situation like this they would normally shut down the airport.

Not necessary these days.