Machines that exchange Euro coins for notes

72 posts in this topic

http://www.securicoin.com/ went there yesterday with a bottle full of cents coins . they have a top of a range machine to count and sort the coins out. and gave 350 euro back in notes , charging 10 euro . if anyone has loads of coins at home heres the company instead of sorting out the coins yourself

I deposit them into my bank account and pay nothing to do it.

my bank tells to sort out the coins myself before handing them over. if your bank does it all then obivously you don't need this company. also there might be other companies that offer this service , its just this one is conveniently over the street where i live

Most banks I've had or seen have the little machine that seperates the coins and credits your account, either where all the machines are, or inside somewhere.

You got 350 Euros back from a bottle of "cent coins"?

Are we talking about 1,5,10,20,50 cents and no 1 Euro Coins?

That must have been a big bottle!?

Anyone know if there is a Hypovereinsbank in München that has a machine where I can dump my change in and it's credited to my account.. I know Sparkasse has them but I dont bank with them ??

TIA

:D Nah... Wasn't me!. Got more than enough of my own... Always save my change and then it provides my spending money for my holidays. Just don't want to lug a friggin heavy box of change around and find they don't have a machine !!

I've got a bag of foreign coins left over from all my holidays over the last ten years some of the coins are out of circulation too. what's the best thing to do with them? would coin shops be interested in them?

:lol: will dig out a few of the Turkish ones for maximum effect! hee nice one Pots, can always trust you to come up with some enterprising ideas!

Put'em in one of those foreign money donation bins at the airport.

it's a big carrier bag I'll be there for hours! perhaps I can take a bunch each time I go the airport though, the charity option's a good idea.

Put'em in one of those foreign money donation bins at the airport.

That would be fine if your talking 20 - 30 yoyo's ... Last time I cashed up it was close to @ €1300 :o

I save all coins

Anyone know if there is a Hypovereinsbank in München that has a machine where I can dump my change in and it's credited to my account.. I know Sparkasse has them but I dont bank with them ??

TIA

The HVB on Theatinerstr has such a machine... not in the main branch entrance(inside Fünfhofe) but in the by the cash machines.

P

@potbelly

Unfortuantly most banks will not accept foreign coins. So your options are still:

1. Donation drop point at the airports

2. Go back to where you got them and spend them.

You say several countries coind you have are outta circulation. If so then they are either worthless, or can only be exchanged in the country that issued them. 1300 Eur, or not, your gonna get screwed getting $/Eur for them...

Please could you let me know which Sparkasse has this as I have a few pint glasses full of change and this would be really useful. Thanks :)