Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Parking tickets received outside Germany

26 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

If it comes in the mail, some say contest it, some say don't? The issue is it's my father in law's van we borrowed. I wonder if he'll be ok with us contesting it... goddamn Swedes and their overpriced sterile bourgeois haven.

I've contested a couple of tickets, the last one in Belgium, I asked them for photographic evidence as I was blitzed. They replied quite promptly but gave me 2 options, 1 pay now or 2 a court date.

I paid it without further ado despite it being over €200 which in comparison to Germany is a lot. The time and added expense of travelling to Belgium just didn't weigh in my favour.

As 2b said, put it down to experience and move on.

10 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

I've contested a couple of tickets, the last one in Belgium, I asked them for photographic evidence as I was blitzed. They replied quite promptly but gave me 2 options, 1 pay now or 2 a court date.

In the Netherlands you can ask for photographic evidence without problem.  It's something they need to provide upon request. It doesn't lead to higher costs or a court case.

9 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

In the Netherlands you can ask for photographic evidence without problem.  It's something they need to provide upon request. It doesn't lead to higher costs or a court case.

Good to know, so what are you saying, it's okay to speed in Holland cause you'll always get photographic evidence?

With all their caravaning road hogging vehicles and their complete ignorance as to why motor manufacturers put door mirrors on cars you've most probably got more chance of a parking ticket than a speeding ticket on their Autobahns, they're just so slow, I'm sure they're all on whacky backy and much like the Germans', can't see further than the end of their bonnet.

It is the most boring, flatest country you can drive across much like the English county Lincolnshire. 

It's not OK to speed in Holland, but we are more civil than the Belgians who seem to increase the pressure when you ask for something normal like a photo.

Also, we don't drive all these caravans anymore like in the past: we fly budget airlines now :). Isn't 80 km/h the max on the Autobahn with a caravan anyway?

You find it boring to drive through Holland? At least your ordeal is always over very soon :).

We got a parking ticket on our German car in Stockholm as well last year. They said we entered the incorrect number plate into the machine. The problem exactly? We entered a - between the B and the rest because they had no space bar. We had an email exchange with them. They accepted we had paid but said we still have to pay the fine. We chuckled and said let's wait for a letter in the post. It never came.