Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best football player on the fields today

31 posts in this topic

I am not a huge football fan but I am curious as to how this will turn out.. So here we go:

To those of you who are keeping an eye on the countdown for the World Cup:

Who is the best player on the fields today?

My vote is down for Ronaldinho..

Inspired by the latest Nike Commercial

Another nice video to see what he can do..

Got to be Quashie of West Brom. Signs for them. Plays a match. Gets sent off. Banned for five matches. Five matches.

Young Frankie Lampard. Hard working, goal-getting midfielder with bulletproof legs. Hardly noticeable until BAM! too late: 1:0 England ;)

Young Frankie Lampard. Hard working, goal-getting midfielder with bulletproof legs.

Add in "cant pass, tackle or track back" and i think you would have summed up one of the most average players to be ever included in a worlds best player vote.

yeah i guess it was actually. i think he is a good player not a great player like so many people make out. I think he needs those defensive midfielders around him to bring out the best of him or cover up a few of his weak points.

Even though i am english i just dont see him anywhere near the top 10 in the world.

one of the best midfield passers of the ball around-Xavi Hernandez from Barcelona...injured right now though.

Juan Roman Riquelme, also a genius, flawed, but a genius.

Ronaldinho is a beast though..

yeah xavi at barcelona is brilliant. There are not a lot of brilliant players at the moment since figo and zidane have aged, but i would say these:

Henry,

Ronaldinho,

shevchenko,

gerrard,

nedved,

eto'o,

rooney and messi in a few years.

he is basically the most complete player on the planet. can play any position and do pretty much everything.

But obviously henry and the bucked tooth one are the best two i think.

Do I detect the slightest hint of bias here?

just a little. :D

But i cant actually think of a better midfield player or more complete one in the world right now (counting ronaldhino as a forwrd that is).

Rooney is going to be interesting if England progress in the World Cup. He is the one player with the most potential on the planet, unfortunately he may not get the opportunity to show what he can do as England are likely to exit early on...

I am not sure that's always true.

Beckham for instance gets silly money, doesn't he?.. I find him above average as a player and dumb as a stump as a character.