Online tests for German language proficiency

24 posts in this topic

Well I was pleasantly surprised to get 77%, which considering my written German is crap I'm quite pleased about. I agree that question 18 doesn't seem right, but I wouldn't stake my life on it! :)

The answer to 28 is Ich lerne Deutsch denn ich brauche es für meine Arbeit.

I wouldn't say the test is a good indication of skill level. My written German is pretty crap as well and I managed 100%.

Question 18 is fine.. "denn" doesn't start a Nebensatz like "weil" does, so the verbs don't all go at the end..

Ich lerne deutsch, weil ich es für meine Arbeit brauche

Ich lerne deutsch, denn ich brauche es für meine Arbeit.

The Goethe Institut quiz is a bit more difficult if you want a bigger challenge.. I got a 100% on this one and whatever percentage 26 out of 30 is on that one. Damn prepositions.

if the answer they were looking for was "weil", then it would be:

Ich lerne Deutsch, weil ich es für meine Arbeit brauche

edit: dammit, too slow, again

well I'm impressed by the German skills on show here. I've never even heard of 'denn'

Whew - aced it. 'Denn' was something I always liked - didn't require moving the verb around.

83% here. I also tried the inburgerungs test which I terribly failed. However my gf mom managed to get a 99% score!

I think my German is abysmal, especially after trying the online Goethe Test.

However, I had no problems with this online test from the BBC German language site and now think that my four months at Goethe were not a complete waste of time. The website is pretty nifty as well and it is simple, straight forward and easy to use and understand. Just perfect for those of us who find learning languages a bit of a grind. :)

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hello all, Taking my A1 exam in a weeks time and iv been looking for sample exams on the net with no success. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there with sample exams or anything similar that they would like to share with me? Its really annoying not knowing the format of the exam(if there is any standard format).

It would be great to know the level of german which they expect from me. Im studying and speaking every day, either at work or with my girlfriend but I want to make sure that I do more than scrape by in the exam. I want to be confident going in the door.

Any more tips and advice would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I dont know if you are going to find examples on line. We had to swear not to copy questions and place on the internet when I took it. If you can speak basic conversational german then hopefully you can read and write equally. If so then you are set.

Just speak slowly and concise so they can understand you.

There are model papers on the telc and goethe institute websites (ie. the two main awarding bodies).

Aside from buying prep books in stores, your library probably has them as well.

id like 2 know if d goethe exam is d same az dey hav given d sample paper in their website r d final xamz differnt dan dat???