Passport renewal situation (UK)

49 posts in this topic

I got my son's passport renewed. It took 1 or 2 weeks from them receiving it but I was surprised at how quick it was. I don't think I signed for it but I could be wrong. I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

Mine was renewed middle last year, took about a week after the sent showed up and I had to sign for it. 

1 hour ago, SusieT said:

Mine was renewed middle last year, took about a week after the sent showed up and I had to sign for it. 

Thanks, who was it delivered by? DHL?

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

Thanks, who was it delivered by? DHL?

My normal postman delivered it for me

I did it late 2019, so not COVID times

yeah, they sent back my new passport  and said I would have to sign for it.

DHL tried 3 times to deliver it to me, but I was at work, because they did not tell me when they would come.

I rang them up, because I thought they may return it to the sender ...

I live South East Munich, they want me to go to North west Munich to pick it up, and I had to show my passport to get the package.

I explained  to them that my new passport was in the package, so I could not show them it, the call ended so after 

A couple of days later the package was in my post box, the neighbor did not sign for it, or anything. I just emptied the post box, opened the package and there was my new passport.

2 hours ago, SusieT said:

My normal postman delivered it for me

At least around our way the "normal postman" doubles up as DHL for small & medium packages.

Jesus fucking H, the postman/courier (who knows) just left mine next to the the lift on the ground floor of my apartment building. I live on the fourth floor. He did ring the doorbell, bless him, I even said through the intercom, "vierte Stock".

It's blue and not very well made, which saddens me. So the €122 fee including the around €30 "Courier fee" was money well spent.

Fuckers.

Edit:

And fuck it, why not tell the whole story. I was sent notification from the passport office on Friday that it had been sent, so I've been sitting like a lemon for nearly a week, waiting for the fucking thing.

Belongs in "Flumoxed" methinks...