Getting fired with an unlimited contract

91 posts in this topic

On 24.7.2019, 15:40:56, wanderboy said:

I did mentioned that everyone's assesment of my work was fine even from the other branch offices that I worked with. Anyways, thank you.

Thanks for this Lisa! i really appreciate it. I'm a really young expat and still learning alot of things. He is pretending to be nice. He actually cannot find a reason to fire me I think? This is one of the few times that he talked to an employee that he wants to fire.

I have passed my probation period and would be here for more than 1 1/2 years. I witnessed people who got fired during their probation and he wasn't the one who talks to them, he usually ask an associate to fire them. He didn't even cared. 

I am looking for a new job since 2 months ago, I really don't see myself growing here. It's just that I wanted to stay here until end of this year bec. I want to fix my permanent residence. I think I would secure first a Zeugnis, then do my move of try to extend my resignation period since nothing is written and signed yet. 

At the end of our conv. I said that, I am still willing to improve myself and would still commit 100% to the company. I did this professionally and in a nice way. He brought one of the associates inside our talk, maybe just to be a witness..she didn't said anything and I felt hot sorry she was for me. :/

I can also do this, but I'm always afraid that things might really get worst. The only thing I love in this working environment is all of my awesome colleagues. So if I play the card of staying until getting fired, wouldn't that affect me negatively? or is it just because I am young and I have to experience these things?

I meant start looking for a new job now and quit when you have one. If you quit now without a new job than they won’t pay you a Abfindung and you won’t get unemployment benefits for three months. It is better moneywise to stay until you have a new job. Of course if the pressure gets too tough you might want to reconsider.

It all depends on your situation. If you are sure you could find a new job shortly then you could quit but things take a lot longer in Germany than one expects. A german would know that a 'nice' talk means the manager did not (yet) have grounds to fire you and would not likely willingly leave.

If is sucks to be there, bargain. A couple months 'garden leave' where you are in home office and concentrating on looking for work is a possibility.

Zwischenzeugnis: you get that if you have a new manager/boss (and are worried about the future) or something significant changes in your work enviroment.

But don't accept the 'nice' offer from the manager. He is taking advantage of you since you don't know how things work here. If you stick around and they give you a few Abmahnung, then you know they are serious (best avoided) but they will always bargain to avoid any legal issues (Betriebsrat, local Arbeitsgericht - free by the way). And they can not legally give you a negative AribeisZeugnis that makes it difficult for you to find a new job (now the 'are there secret messages in the AZeugnis?' debate can start).

And if you accept any offer from the manager, you will definitely NOT get ALG1 for the first 3 months.

Start looking (busy and for work).

Re: Zwischenzeugnis - We have also given them to people with time limited contracts for them to start looking for other jobs. Or if your work situation changes, but that can be anything from additional responsibilities, new boss, new projects etc. 

I am not HR, but I have had a few people apply with a Zwischenzeugnis from their current job and neither I nor the HR representative found it weird. You definitely don't need one, but it doesn't hurt either. 

One of my colleagues asked for one after two years, just to have it in case he wanted to apply elsewhere. The job he had before had a completely different focus and he wanted something to show what he was currently doing. Of course your boss is always going to wonder if you are applying for a new job somewhere when you ask for a Zwischenzeugnis, but as this is actually what your boss wants, he should be more than happy to write you a good one to make sure you get another job and leave. 

Start looking for a job and do now quit your current one until you find one.   If they ask you tell them you are still looking for a job and you will quit when you find one.   Do not give them any reason to fire you, because at the moment they most probably do not have one and they will have to go the "operation reasons" way which might be not so easy sometimes.

I hope you have legal insurance.

On 7/24/2019, 4:02:19, lisa13 said:

eta: actually that could be a defense strategy in some cases.  When I was in high school there was one really awful kid who bullied everyone.  When he did it to me, I started pretending it was GREAT...I would go out of my way to say hello and act like we were friends...acted like I liked him just a little too much

And it freakin worked.  It was hell to pull of but it worked.  He started actively retreating when he'd see me coming.

I like the way you think. :)

On 7/24/2019, 2:57:25, bbogdanmircea said:

In your place I would give in my notice until the end of the month and start looking for jobs.

3 months should be plenty to find a job.

You will loose ALG for some months if you can't find anything right after, but this shouldn't be a problem.

Getting lawyers into this will just make things worse.

You're an idiot.

Or maybe you're doing this on purpose to hurt the OP. :(

I talk from experience, a bitter experience. After getting a lawyer involved things got much worse in my case. Of course it depends how big is the company, the bigger they are the less they will care. So don't call me an idiot because I advise someone based on my experience. 

I hope that he will not follow my advice, and that he gets his rights and whatever he is looking for.

He did not tell if the company is part of a big sindicate, ID he has a Betriebsrat and if he knows of other cases similar and how did those turn out. If there is a history of people winning from persons in a similar situation, then he should stay, but if the last person that wasadvisec by his boss to quit and didn't was thrown out after 1 month, or they made his life a nightmare then ...

Is that a less idiotic advice?

7 hours ago, bbogdanmircea said:

I talk from experience, a bitter experience. After getting a lawyer involved things got much worse in my case. Of course it depends how big is the company, the bigger they are the less they will care. So don't call me an idiot because I advise someone based on my experience. 

I hope that he will not follow my advice, and that he gets his rights and whatever he is looking for.

He did not tell if the company is part of a big sindicate, ID he has a Betriebsrat and if he knows of other cases similar and how did those turn out. If there is a history of people winning from persons in a similar situation, then he should stay, but if the last person that wasadvisec by his boss to quit and didn't was thrown out after 1 month, or they made his life a nightmare then ...

Is that a less idiotic advice?

If one reads through many of your posts, I do wonder how many of your problems relate<_< to your attitude?

Not being an ass kisser and telling the truth in the face caused me some trouble yes, it's getting tougher and tougher to be honest nowadays ...

48 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Not being an ass kisser and telling my truth in the face caused me some trouble yes, it's getting tougher and tougher to be honest nowadays ...