Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Beer and Brewing in Nuremberg

3 posts in this topic

If you live in Franken, chances are you have had first hand experience with the awesomeness of the landbiers. Germany is a great place for beers, and in my experience, Franken doubly so.

Still, there is a void in my beer belly, a vacuum in my soul tank. Microbreweries might alleviate it, but only homebrewing can completely heal it. That's right, I need to make my own beer. I had gotten into the hobby/habit/craft years ago in a far away land called Mexico. But then life put me on a plane and had me hop around countries for a few years. Needless to say, carrying a 5 liter fermenting bucket around is not a practical thing. Beer turns out wrong. So I had to wait until I settled down enough for the ale to stop splashing around so much and ferment properly. And I believe that time is now.

So, I send out the call. Are there any homebrewers out there? Any brave souls willing to venture into the alchemy and science that is beer brewing? I'm looking not only for experienced brewers, but for curious people, thirsty people. I myself am quite rusty in the ancient brewing arts, but I believe that by sharing information, experiences, and support, a good brewing expat community can arise and make its stand amidst the Franken landbiers.

Hey there Alex. Another homebrewer here in the land of lager beers. I am interested in getting into doing some homebrewing after a break for a few years. Do you have any equipment to use? Mark

I am a homebrewer and just landed in Germany. Matter of fact, I have left back home (in South America) a 20l bucket maturating a good weiss...but I just dont know when I will be able to bottle them...