What did you regret today?

22 posts in this topic

I searched but only found lifes regrets,well this is not a life regret but a daily one.We are travelling the back roads of Montenegro on the motorbike and in the middle of nowhere two YOUNG German hitchhikers asked where we were,so i showed them on the map where we were and asked where they are planning on going,Same route as us,Montenegro,Albania,Macedonia and Kosovo,well it was a quick chat and my regret is not taking more time with the young happy,carefree couple and telling them to savour and treasure what they are doing/achieving now because no one can ever take this away from them,ask john g about his carefree hitchhiking days,would he/me do it now in our 50+years?(i think not)Shame that we have grown up and are too responsible to go hitchiking without any worries,SHIT! My regret is getting old but at least i'm still trying to stay young and travel!so tell us your regret of the day.

Ps Mrs bobbylines just laughed out loud after reading that i am claiming to be grown up!Yes i am just ask my Teddy,s!

bobs you are kindred spirits!

Having just returned from rural France I remember fmr Yugo and loved the place. Inlaws are in Korcula as we speak.

Yes we drove thru the Durmitor ranmge anmd ended up in some communist shit town but I found it fun to stay there.

Ulcinj is a fab place btw.

My regret today is fluffing the middle D three bars into my opening solo at yesterday's concert. The glory should have been mine and now I am sitting here with egg on my face. Pride before a fall and all that. Humiliation, humiliation, humiliation. Aaaahhhhh...

I wish I hadn't swapped to a new medication!! I got bad side effects & am krank geschrieben until at least Thursday!!

I regret not waiting a few more weeks after my operation to try the dancing class I wanted to join for ages; now they think I'm a complete wimp as I did a couple of spins and decided that was enough for the day before I fell down unconscious... hard to explain to a big bunch of strangers!

Today, I am still kicking myself for relying on someone else for a change.

I led a walk on Saturday afternoon. There was one very nice stretch that I was looking forward to but I hadn't done the walk for a few years and couldn't remember how to get there. One woman lives in this area and said she knew the area like the back of her hand. I read out the section of the walk in question. "Oh, yes, I know what you mean."

Well, she didn't. By the time I realised that we hadn't turned right, it was too late.

I could spit feathers. Worst of all.. I blame myself for relying on someone else for once. Won't be doing that in a hurry again.

Losing the picture of my beloved dog at the passport control from montenegro to bosnia,man that picture has travelled with me for the last 30 years,gonna miss him even more now :(

Was going to start a new topic called "What are your regrets?"  Not necessarily just today, but in general.  In addition,  "what would you do differently now that you have reflected?"  And I found this thread..

I had a spat with my daughter the other day.  At the time the subject seemed important to me, enough to scold her.  Now, in retrospect, it was trivial and not worth the negative memory I implanted in her head.  If I could go back to that day, I would give her a big hug and tell her "I LOVE YOU!"...  and she woulda said "Daddy, are you ok?"   Ha.

I regret not being at my Dad's 80th birthday party yesterday. We're really looking forward to his visit next month though so we can belatedly celebrate in German style.

I regret I haven't been able to be nicer to Mr Metall, with all my sickness going on...

..but he's still here! I'm so glad.

Biggest regret being not bringing my grandmother to visit her best friend before she died. I could have made two old ladies so happy but I was busy with something elses.

Now, no amount of money and time can amend this mistake.

Today I just regret eating so much chocolate for breakfast but this actually happens quite often.  I don't know what my biggest life regret is.  Plenty to choose from but every wrong choice has lead me to where I am today which is not a bad place so I can't really say I regret anything.  Wrong decisions are even better than right ones because you learn something and sometimes you meet some good people along they way, you otherwise wouldn't have.

I regret that, when I spoke with my first husband shortly before his death, I didn't tell him how fond of him I remained.  We'd been divorced four decades, and I didn't want to embarrass him.  I've learned since that he would have welcomed the information.  It's never a mistake to tell someone who has been a significant part of your life, that you still love him/her.

I don't regret it daily, just when I think of him.

The night before my father died, I traveled 9 hours to get to his home.  I had worked a 60 hr week and was so tired.  I stayed by his side til midnight. I was so weary and sleepy and as I left his room, he gave me a look and said something to the effect of "Ok, if you need to go, I understand"..  later that night around 3:00 AM, my mother woke me up to help her lift my Dad up from the bed.  As we lifted him, he had a massive heart attack and died.  I've often wondered whether I should have slept by his side that night. That memory has haunted me ever since.  Yes, If I could go back and re-live that night, I would have laid next to him and watched over him the whole night.

I had planned on making the trip to Stuttgart this morning and getting in late, rather than Sunday evening, as I usually do.

Friday afternoon, I got an "optional" invite to a meeting with our business analysts (Fachbereich) today, most of whom I have never met, yet have relatively close email/telephone contact with.

If I had ever met them, I probably would have declined, but networking is everything to me and what got me where I am**, so I traveled to Stuttgart last night.

Sometimes I regret that I put work before family. I have done a lot of shit in my life, but that is probably what I'll be regretting when I'm laying on my death bed looking back on my life.

** which isn't real high up, but way higher than I ever expected to get, back when I was a loser 19 year-old with no future.

The night before my mother passed, I was with her.  She had been under hospice care for a couple of weeks at my older sister's house, a few hours from my home.  The hospice nurse let us know that she probably wouldn't make it to the morning. I said my last good-byes and told my sister that I couldn't handle seeing our Mom leave us, as I was still dealing with my father's death from a few yrs ago. I drove home that night and slept for a few hours.  I had a dream that my mother was within my heart.  A phone call woke me up, my sister, letting me know our Mom had passed away peacefully.  I felt like a coward for fleeing her during her last moments.  But, knowing her, she would have forgiven me for doing what I did. I am still struggling with that. In retrospect, I should have stayed by her side til the end.

You were there. Not physically, but with all your love. That's what counts. Only that. Don't worry. And don't grieve too much. We all don't want our closest to be sad and down when we are gone. So did your mother.