World Cup 2014 in Brazil

656 posts in this topic

Yes, Luis Suarez is a talented player, but I don't like the fact that although he leaves an indelible impression on the game, he also leaves an indelible impression on his opponents in the form of bite marks. :angry:

Another tense moment in the tournament: Italy scrambling to score an equalizer against Uruguay in order to progress, only to ultimately fail.

..., Uruguay, who have progressed in the World Cup, will play against either Colombia or Uruguay in the next round!!! biggrin.gif

An automatic advance to the Quarterfinals if they don't play Colombia! But, no biting!

fuzzytony: just wondering..do you reckon Suarez bit the i out of " elimination " ? Priceless!!

One of the BBC co-commentators earlier:

"It's the first time we've seen Jack Wilshere really open up his legs."

It's a good thing I bought that third TV for my bedroom last year. Now there's so many games blaring out of my place at the same time that it's becoming overkill. :(

Gooooaaalll!! Greece score and move into second place behind Columbia in Group C. This is looking like another interesting game with Côte d'Ivoire needing to fight back.

Very strange - the matches at 6 pm were shown (I watch online, not sure what the TV options are) with a choice of the two matches (and the score of the other match displayed below the score of the match you're watching). The matches at 10 pm, however, were only shown as you describe, chopping and switching back and forth. Extremely annoying!

Same again now at 6 pm, choice of the two matches on zdf.de.

The second game at 6 didn't have a bearing on the group outcome. But you're right, it was annoying, Zdf missed at least two goals in the Brazil game live by showing the other game.

They had the Mexico Croatia game on Zdfinfo anyway. I guessed there may have been more Bundesliga players involved in that game.

What a helluva game! :o

First it was Greece leapfrogging Côte d'Ivoire in Group C to take second place behind Columbia on the way to the next round with a goal by Andreas Samaris, then Côte d'Ivoire come back in the 74th minute with a goal by Wilfried Bony to make it 1 - 1 and secure their place back in second position in the group.

And then Greece win a penalty three minutes into extra time which was slotted in by Georgios Samaras to secure Greece back at second place and knock Côte d'Ivoire out of the tournament. Oh, dear. I need to lie down. :wacko:

post-9625-14036524619456_thumb.jpg

So this is how it stands so far:

post-9625-14036526690781.jpg

The remaining eight teams to complete the sixteen heading into the Round of 16 knockout stage will be finalized over the next couple of days.

I like to see the Ecuador vs. France game. Should be a good one, as well as Argentina vs. Nigeria.

Chiellini for once was at the receiving end of play acting. I hope Suarez gets a lengthy ban for his disgusting conduct.

I like this from the BBC Live news feeds

Hello! Fangs for joining us the morning after another night of high drama in the World Cup in which every match was bursting with action and incident (except England's, naturally).

We'll be getting our teeth into all of that, taking a look at the gnashional newspapers as well as salivating over the prospect of another set of intriguing fixtures.

Rubbish puns aside, why would you chews to be anywhere else?

STOP PRESS

Hodgson has apparently arranged a friendly against Iceland on Saturday to cheers the fans up. If they win he has promised to organise a game against Aldi next week.

comments left on the BBC

Suarez now hoping to play Germany so he can try shoulder of Lahm.

Leave Suarez alone - he was just trying to get a taste of Italian football.

Of course, there was no chance of an England defender being bitten by Suarez - they never got that close to him!

Apparently the England team are flying back to Glasgow Airport.

That way, when they get off the plane they're still guaranteed a heroes' welcome.

Just downloaded a video of Luis Suarez's greatest moments.

It was only 3 mega bites.

------------

Statistically, you are more likely to bitten by Luis Suarez than a shark.

Here's two hours of some interesting moments in previous World Cup tournaments:

50 Most Shocking Moments in World Cup History

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5AbVK-bpwU