How hot is it?

53 posts in this topic

For something to feast on when the heat wave is over, share your episodes here.

post-4788-14024904317671.jpg

I saw this little buddy outside the office and even though I am a cat person I wanted to join him.

No picture, but I've been stitting in the boiling office with my feet nicely submerged in a container of water, and a small fan running *under* the desk.

Works way better than have it sit *on* the desk and blow dust and my papers around.

And, as in every summer, our main complaint at company meetings is the lack of air conditioning and the loss of productivity by not being able to focus. And, as in every summer, we are told it's too expensive.

They have the a/c on too high in my office. <evil grin>

Luckily, both my flat and my office are in brick buildings which don't heat up quickly. As both my flatmate and my office mate weren't around, no eejit opened the windows during the day. Result - nice and comfie temps in the flat and in the office :)

Similarly, today is the first day I haven't had to wear a jumper in the house to stay warm. I'm slowly losing that battle though, with temperatures increasing by about a degree a day. Relief arrives tomorrow it seems. Forecast for the rest of the month sounds unusually promising: mostly warm but not hot, and cooling off nicely at night.

In Florida, I don't suffer the way I do here... even though it's humid as Heck on the Keys.

I don't know how hot it is but I just wish I wouldn't keep hearing people mentioning how hot it is.

"Oh thanks for telling me it's 30c as I really hadn't noticed and this sweat on my body is merely an hallucination"

FFS people stop it.

The temperature outside is 102 F. or 39 C. Damn it's so hot! 

its-so-hot-outside-my-sweat-is-sweating.

It's a balmy 32°C/90°F here.

Not quite hot AF, but getting there.

Today, a new record since 1944 was set in the Netherlands: 39,3 C. It will not last another 75 years.

You know you are living in Germany when the weather reports issues a warning on account of "unhindered sunshine, cloudless, blue sky".

sonnenschein-fs8.png

It's so hot, the only  clothing I can find comfort in is a pair of my husband's cotton Calvin Klein underwear and a tank top. I'm sitting with a  bag of frozen vegetables wrapped in paper towel on my back drinking Volvic water with added minerals. 

Pics or it didn't happen ^_^

Der Spiegel is reporting that a temperature of 42.6°C (108.7°F) was measured today in Emsland, Lower Saxony. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but that would be an all-time record for Germany.

And it is 32.6°C in my bedroom ATM... Chances to find somebody to confirm that all-time record (I live at that place >20y) are rather slim, too...

my office was pushing 34 degrees when I left.  My apartment is at a new high of 24 degrees.  

EG for the win, baby!