Update: Beer price breaks €11 mark

58 posts in this topic

If you go to a coffee bar in a side street, the espresso only costs €1 at the bar and you get a small cake with it :).

It's odd how things work out. The exact beer price normally only affects the tips for the staff. Last year I gave €12 in every tent. This year the differences between tents are a little bigger. And €11,50...does that mean €13 now?

27 minutes ago, theGman said:

And €11,50...does that mean €13 now?

I would pay €12, but I'm Dutch. We are like Scots :). If you pay €13, you will have better service for the rest of your day though.

The waitress earns like €1 on the beer itself plus tips.

17 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

The waitress earns like €1 on the beer itself plus tips.

Do they get a wage as well? If so, they must be really cleaning up. A lot of money over 2 weeks. Mind you, they deserve it. You'd have to pay me a hell of a lot to do that too.

Märzen is not a brand, but a type of beer. It's brewed by Spaten for the Dachauer Volksfest.  I had it a few years ago when the Maß was €5,20. Before that it was €4,90 for many years. I'm not a big fan of Spaten: No.6 in Munich.

Hi all 

Are there any plans for a get together this year, if yes, when? I need to start making plans for this year.

Thanks...Rose

On 2/12/2019, 8:39:17, LukeSkywalker said:

Sarabyrd is no longer organizing the yearly TT Oktoberfest Event.

Hmm, I was also trying to contact her for a regular table booking but no reply. Is there anyone else on TT (or outside of TT) who is organising tables? I need one for the opening day. 

Hmm, opening day will be tough, but you could try @Whitney-Events by sending a PM. Otherwise be at the gates around 7am and gather a table when they open the gates. You have to be fast and run, because others do the same. I am too old for that kind of shit. Good luck!

I organize some tables every year although by now pretty much all is already filled up ... You can send me a message though, often there are cancellations when it is time to pay up, and just a few days before the fest.

I will be there september 25-29 myself.

On 3/15/2019, 11:56:36, LukeSkywalker said:

Hmm, opening day will be tough, but you could try @Whitney-Events by sending a PM. Otherwise be at the gates around 7am and gather a table when they open the gates. You have to be fast and run, because others do the same. I am too old for that kind of shit. Good luck!

I have tried to message them, no reply since a week... I am having a business partner over, so the 7am running into the tents is not fully on the agenda 

On 3/15/2019, 12:25:26, fraufruit said:

I did a quick search and got a lot of hits.

Here's one.

Another

Thanks a lot, guess its worth a shot to try the online reservation... 

On 3/15/2019, 1:45:03, Bigfoot said:

I organize some tables every year although by now pretty much all is already filled up ... You can send me a message though, often there are cancellations when it is time to pay up, and just a few days before the fest.

I will be there september 25-29 myself.

PM sent - thanks a lot!