Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

So we're at circa 5 people for the football.

Me (I'll bring a ball)

Tench

InflatableWoman

Andy

Pascoe

@Jimbo - Good idea, it took us an hour to track down Don Riina after his last dummy run.

@Jimbo, I have been giving it some thought and I think that even though it doesnt work for Sven, I think we should try a diamond formation when it comes to hiding.

What do you think?

I'm an 'upside down Christmas Tree formation' man myself...

Since the touch guys and gals appear to be permanently in training I think we should play 5-a-side early in the mornings before work, again at lunch time, and then once again before bed, with optional sessions being scheduled on the 8th day of the week which I am petitioning God to create.

Thanks.

Just make sure it doesnt conflict with our Hide & Seek nights.

Edit - Although, we could do 25 minutes per half, quick game of H&S and then play 2nd half. That way we please everyone. :rolleyes:

I've asked Bob to adopt the Muslim calendar, thus giving us 892 years before 5-a-side is next scheduled... :D

Sorry I can't join you in Football, but I left my shoulder pads and shin guards in the states.

Some good gags guys

Amusing, nice humour, making me laugh;

Jimbo

Not enough use of colour or indeed font weight atall in your posts. Think you need more practice.

Ken

Good use of the edit facility, but again, I am thinking colour, colour people.

I'm definitely on for Sunday. Could whoever's organising it (Jimbo?) please give me a call on Sunday to let me know if/where/when. (0174 303 7761). I'm moving on Saturday, so won't have any internet access landline etc.. to check

Cheers, Satish

Satman, piece of cake to find. Get off at Olympiatzentrum U-Bahn(U3) and head out towards the stadium, you will see the 'Socca 5 Arena' signposted straight away. Playing 6pm while 7pm.

So thats 6 now...

Me (I'll bring a ball)

Tench

InflatableWoman

Andy

Pascoe

Satman

Come peeps, lets have some more names.

BTW, this is not restricted to just guys only, if any girls would like to play, you are also welcome. (Mrs)thejarvii played last week and played a hell of a lot better than a couple of us did...which isnt difficult believe me :rolleyes:

It is indoors, as you follow the signs, you will see it, its next to the mini golf. It's blue astroturf. Depending on how many come, it costs 40€ for the hour. If we get 10, then thats 4€ each, we will divide it up on the day.

BTW, it is now booked - This Sunday 6pm-7pm

Sorry haven't been looking at TT for a while - been a bit of a mad week.

I should be able to play on Sunday too.

Mr Hay

Thanks again to everyone who showed Sunday. In the end there were 6 of us and surpisingly it was a pretty good workout, more time on the ball and once we had gotten used to more running, the speed of the game was about right.

With regards to costs, I think we should aim to have a minimum 8 people signed up by the time we book, that way the maximum it costs anyone is 5€. It shouldnt cost anymore than that.

A game after work was mentioned for this Wednesday 25th at 7pm. Anyone interested?

If so, sign your name below.

I'm on for wednesday. Have one more player for definite, possibly two.

Great fun yesterday!

So Wednesday @ 7pm, so far 5(Possibly 6)...

Me

Satman +1 (Maybe 2)

mrhay

Tif (No Fighting before the game please ;) )

I have booked the court now for 7pm