Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

Jimbo, said he should probably make it along?? so thats 8.

@Tench are you in touch with Pascoe at the minute? He gets back on Sunday afternoon, so get him down to play.

Edit - If it comes down to it, we can just drag a couple of kids off the park and get them to make up the numbers.

So this is not cancelled.

We are now -

Me (I have a ball)

thejarvii - Mr

thejarvii - Mrs

Tif

tench

Inflatablewoman

DrivinWest

Yossairin

Jimbo

Pascoe (If he's jet lagged, he can sleep in the goal)

I assume everyone knows where this place is? If not I suggest meeting up at the U Bahn stop(Olympiazentrum) at say around 5.30?

If anyone else wants to join, theres still room for a couple more

Sunday was good. Thanks to all that turned out in the end, a couple couldnt make it for good reason, the good thing is that there is always a few spectators around who will want to play a game.

NOTE - Next time the volunteer spectator goes on my team, for some reason the 2 that played were unusually good.

So should anyone want to take this on, here is the booking page -

Socca 5 booking form

You get an email to confirm your booking and you dont have to pay until you get there.

To find the place is easy, once you get off the U-Bahn at Olympiazentrum, head out towards the stadium and you will see the place signposted. Plus if you know where the mini golf is here, its right next door to there.

This place is only going to be around for a few more months, then the ice skating rink will come back.

Thank you for arranging the 5-a-side. It is strange to play indoor football with squared corners (I guess all corners should be square according to my High School Geometry techer), but it was a good workout. It is also a bit odd that indoor facilities that nice are not available in the winter. Are there other locations with similar surfaces for winter training?

Please let me know if you ever need an extra. Thanks, again!

Is there gonna be another kickaround soon? If I'm free, I'm definitely there...

Cheers, Sat

How about this Sunday same time again? 6pm-7pm??

Stick you name below if you're interested.

Me

Anyone else fancy playing?

So far we're at 2 :blink:

Perhaps you should make it non-contact football to get numbers up, or simply just say fuck it, and organise a big game of bulldog, or perhaps "pom pom" ;)

Yeah, but you've got to learn the rules though, and whos going to be player coach?

Why don't you sacrifice yourself mate? We'd all appreciate it... Or I'll do it:

3 Lions: Some good play son, but when you're 'catching' remember to count to 100 in the agreed format: "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi etc etc".

Don Riina: Nice defensive work, but when making a dummy run, remember to inform your team mates...

:D

Jimbo - One tip for you, I know your thin mate, but we CAN see you behind those lamposts. Try and vary your hiding locations, that'll stop you getting found first time.

Perhaps we should have a get together on Friday night, just to iron out the technical problems we've got? Hiding, counting and so on?