Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

@Fusilli - only if you can first demonstrate the off-side rule to a woman on a pub table (the demonstration, not the woman) using a selection of small change, an empty packet of crisps, a bic dispoable lighter and a half smoked pack of Bensons.

If you can do that, you're in - nothing personal, just trying to keep charlatans out... :P (you wanker)

Sorry Fusilli, you may as well forget it son. It would take years for you to understand the rules, accept that a draw is an acceptable result, that a goal is ONE goal, and not worth 9 points or anything, and you cannot play wearing an exoskeleton of body armour.

haha, you tosspots...I'll have you know I played SOCCER for a long time. An avid soccer player. Starting varsity halfback on a team that made it to the NJ state Semifinals in 1999 Group 5. So go eat a dick ya wankers. :D (jus messin around)...

Cant do anything for the next couple of Saturdays, but as soon as we get the court booked, I am of course in.

And just to make sure this will be a non serious kick around(Especially as I have done no exercise since I have been in Munich), and that if any girls do want to play, they are of course welcome.

Hmmm... tempting... what kind of shoes are necessary on indoor courts? I have doubts that my studded Adidas are what are required.

if any girls do want to play, they are of course welcome.

You what!?!?!? Nah, go on, fair's fair - none will show up though.

"Halfback"? Don't you mean quarterback? Or fullback?

Chatting to one of the guys last night at Bondi and his wife is a keen 'Soccer' player. Plus Amimeli also played when she was younger. So I think a few would be interested.

And given the quality of football I will be playing, no doubt some may play better than I will.

@don_rina - :lol: brilliant :D

@showem

forgot to mention. The courts are astro-turf! As astro-turf goes it's good quality and any kind of trainers you can imagine kicking a ball with will be fine. They have a ban on moulded boots and studded boots, but that maybe goes without saying.

Fullback is not only a running back in football, but a defensive position in soccer. :P If I can get some more Americans I say we make this a Pom vs. Ami game.

And given the quality of football I will be playing, no doubt some may play better than I will.

Even if I was fit enough to handle real 5 a side, I was never any bloody good at football anyway. Even our "halfback" american who apparently learnt all his defensive football from Totti (??!?!?) would be better than I.

Won't be a ref though I presume, so I'll teach him a few Ron 'Arris tricks :P

Keep em comin fusilli... As Don mentioned, all Chopper 'Arris moves will be executed explicitly in your direction. :angry:

Well, if I don't play, I could ref, seeing as I'm a qualified one. But reffing isn't much fun really, it's annoying enough being told by strangers I can't do my job, nevermind by people I have an acquaintance with. I'd rather play and knock Jimbo over a few times with a well-timed hip check. :)

Getting to the place is easy enough. Wilhelm-Hale-Str bus stop is about 50m from INJOY. You can get the 183 bus to there in about 5 minutes from either Westendstrasse or Rotkreutzplatz Ubahn stations