Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

Doesn't matter to me...But if somebody put a gun to my head...I'd choose just playing for 1 hour instead of the mini tourney. Last time seemed perfect...

I'd go with the mini tournament idea. Sounds like a plan. Plus either 40 min a game, or lots of 1st to 5 games or just 1 BIG schoolyard lickaround with 13 people chasing the ball!!

We now have the court from 7 till 9, tommorow night. :D

Somebody tried to book our court, but he didnt call back... muahhahahaahhahahaha so we got lucky.

emot-boonie.gif

We should have a booking form. Everybody that wants to play the following week puts their name down in advance... We then have a rough idea of numbers in advance... What do you reckon? One of you internet whizz-kids could do an online booking form perhaps?

Spoke to 'sunny me' tonight, she is up for playing tomorrow as well, so that should be 16 now.

Just want to comment on a couple of things people have said to me regarding 5 a side -

1) I am not very good at Football.

a) Well neither am I and some of the others amongst us. The 5 a side is about 'FUN' 1st and foremost. You wont find us telling you how to pass, shoot or tackle. Come along and play and enjoy yourself, thats whats important.

2) I'm a girl.

a) Well some people will tell you I play like one. I am 6ft 3" and I dont head the ball...EVER!! The more the merrier as far as we are concerned.

We were unlucky not to get 2 pitches this week. If we keep up this level of interest, I reckon it will be no problem for the future.

Sorry guys feelling yucky and works turned into hell. Im in 4 next week thu.

Sorry

Hi Guys, I can't play until 9pm thus will not make tonight. If we are able to get 7-8pm pitch, I'll be up for it next week.

I'll be there at 7...looking forward to a good game again...hopefully my hangover will be gone by then.

hav a hangover from hell today!!! But as 3 Lions has posted that I'm gonna play (or better try to) tonight, I think there's no way to keep off it...hmmmm :angry:

All, from next week, we can Sign Up at the beginning of this thread... easier to track. Thanks Ed Bob.

As it looks like numbers are gonna be up and down, I'd suggest only signing up if definate... and if dropping out should find a replacement?

Great stuff shaggy! We can block book one pitch, and the the other depending on the numbers turning up...

Just to give people an idea.

The minimum we can get away with playing is 6 (3 a side for those that dont want to do the maths :P ). Thats playing with a floating keeper.

Dont crucify yourselves if you cant make it. We will always have the minimum.