Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

Is it at 7?

I wanna play, but absolutely no promises on my ability!!! seen to many of those egg shaped balls!

I have it booked for this wednesday. I have had nothing off the guy yet, I can talk him again later this week about a block booking.

I haven't bothered to read through the whole of this thread so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it already but here goes.

The S-Club (some poxy Club from Stadtsparkasse München that offers discounts and shit all round town) are doing some sort of Five-a-side tournement at the Olympia Ice rink. A team only needs one member to in this poxy S-Club thingy.

Just thought I'd mention it in case any of you 5-a-siders fancy playing in a comp.

G.

Hadnt noticed the competition. Not my cup of tea to be honest, I play for the fun, when you start getting involved in tournaments some people start taking it too seriously and that puts me off, that goes for all sports.

One of the great things about these 5 a side games is that we dont even bother to keep score most of the time!! Usually when it gets to the last 5-10 minutes or so we play to a first to 5 rule, thats about as competitive as it gets.

I aint the greatest of footballers and those who have seen me play will vouch for that ;) But there are some pretty good ones amongst us, so there are enough of us if any want to sort a team out.

You know I dont know how that rule works ;)

@IW: I thought we start at 5 and play upto 10 ;-)

And 3-Lions is quite right... its just a bit of fun. I think a tournament is a bit beyond us at the moment!

So we have...

Satman

InflatableWoman + Craig + Andy?? (not sure with the names)

3 Lions

Canuck

Chewy

Bubble Gum

Yossarian

Shaggy

Have I missed anyone?

Another 6 and it will be worth getting 2 pitches.

Oops, already 10 people signed up...

I'd also like to play tomorrow -- if anyone on the list decides they aren't going, please let me know and I can take your place.

Or there's enough interest for another *field* :) , that works for me too!

Thanks!

Jenny

Satman

Inflatablewoman

Craig

Andy

Dips

Ali

Charles

3 Lions

Canuck

Chewy

Bubble Gum

Yossarian

Shaggy

I count that as 13... (head bangs on desk), I seriously think we should be looking to book another pitch. Lets see when people arrive tommorow.

14 with Jenny!!

@Jenny - What about Kevin?

So come on peeps, 1 or 2 more and thats the extra pitch.

Satman

Inflatablewoman

Craig

Andy

Dips

Ali

Charles

3 Lions

Canuck

Chewy

Bubble Gum

Yossarian

Shaggy

Jenny

+Stefan

Thats 15.

@IW: Could you book another pitch then for tomorrow. Looks like we have (nearly) enough now!

They dont have any pitches left, for 7 o'clock.

They do have a court available for 8 o'clock, so that we could extend our playing time. It would be possible for example to book the court for 2 hours. Have 3 teams of 5 and have a mini tournament. With the three matches taking 40 minutes each. Each person will get an hour and 20 mins of play. This will cost 5.33€ each. Give me a yes or no, as to intrest in this idea.

Just to make clear...

We have a pitch at 7, but we wont get 15 people on it, and there are no other pitches available at 7, we can however book the same pitch for 2 hours.

Hence my suggestion of above... Clear? As mud, I bet.

That sounds good to me. However, I would suggest that we play games at 20 minute intervals so that no team sits for too long. My old knees are good for one warm up per night and if they sit too long, they revolt. 20 minutes, if played at full pace, is still a good workout.

To be honest, I will play either way, so count me in.