Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Indoor five-a-side football games - Fridays

2,261 posts in this topic

Five-a-Side Football: every Wednesday, 7-8pm, at the: Socca 5 Olympia Hall

Directions: Get out of the U3 at Olympiapark and head towards the Stadium, it's signposted. It's also right next door to the mini golf place.

UPDATE: This game is DISCONTINUED as of December 2012

Team: Socca 5 takes advance block bookings for a few months in advance. The TT group has such a block booking for which 10 people have paid up already. If you're not one of the "Chosen Ten" but you'd like to join the group, then each week you need to find a space left vacant by one of those 10.

post-16-1144559364.jpg

in munich i believe there is quite a big park called the English Garden. if you find 4 other lost souls and maybe a ball of some description there you go...5 aside football.

Not sure the Germans play much 5-a-side I'm afraid. Must be a sports hall where you could organise a game? And Flooger - wouldn't you need 9 lost souls, unless the game was intended to be very one sided?

I do know they play some indoor soccer, but I'm not sure which teams do. You probably have to contact all the clubs separately and ask. Or you could try asking at the "House of Football" (Haus des Fußballs), Briennerstr. 50, Tel: 089/542770-0

Count me in if you get anywhere. I asked a couple of friends a while back and they came up with the old 'Use coats as goalposts in English Garden'.

OK, so its now a little too cold for the football.

However I noticed a small enough pitch with two sets of nets made out of metal on Rosenheimstrasse just before you get to the bridge. It looks to me like a hocky pitch, but it can easily be easily used.

Now not too sure about all these courts, do you have to book them or do you go on whenever you like?

We won the war, so I say we just annex them to Toytown and only leave when a German 'official' rolls up in his little tank. Name a Sunday late morning, and i'll be there...

So just need 8 more players and a ball.

And anyone brave enough to play in this weather. But I suppose if those Bayern puffs can do it, so can we :P

hey will be up for that also live with two irish guys who would be keen as well so let us know of a date and we will see what we can do

I'm one of the Irish guys Jaxon mentioned i'm def up for a game of five-a-side! We have a ball also there is a pitch near where we live in Rotkrautzplatz (just incase the other pitch is unavailable)!

I'm game for some soccer. You can count the pasta man in. Indoor sounds a lot more appealing though. I actually met a guy who plays on an indoor league here in munich from the U.S. He asked me to play with him sometime this month. I gave him my number and am awaiting his call. If he decides to call about it i'll let you guys know. However we were a bit drunk at the time.

I'm up for a game big time. I played a fair bit in the English Garden last year but that won't be happening for another few months so am looking for some 5 a side action for sure. Keep us posted on the website.

Cheers,

Andy

I´d be up for some 5-a-side. All this beer and würst isn´t great for the waistline. Surely we should be able to muster 10!

It seems that the Germans do play 5-a-side, I think they call it Hallen Fußball or something similar. It was on telly (DSF) a few weeks ago, some sort of tournament, it took me back to the indoor six-a-side tournament that the premiership teams (or 1st Div as it was) played in about 15 years ago - impossible to imagine 15m pound players being allowed to do that today! (Maybe I only remember it cos Forest won it! - don´t do much of that nowadays!))

I think 5-a-side is quite popular in Munich, although only as a winter sport. However, the only way to play it seems to be if you're a member of a sports club with a hall. Or if you're a member of a football team that's invited to play in a tournament. There seems to be almost no suitable sports hall in Munich that takes day-to-day bookings.

Almost. There's a hall just off Schleissheimerstrasse not for from AmHart ubahn, I think it's called Sport Park Schwabing. They used to have an internet site - but now they don't.

Injoy offer something called "champ soccer" :unsure: I'm planning a visit. If anyone's interested, I'll let you know if it's any good...

Had a go at the INJOY champ soccer.

They have 4 courts bookable from 7:15am untill 11:45pm. So if you don't want to play between 6pm-9pm you'll find the courts easy to book. At 48 euros for 45 minutes it's a little expensive. But the courts are in good condition.

It's probably the smallest 5-a-side court I've ever played on. So small in fact that I wouldn't recommend playing 5-a-side at all. It's a really good size for 4-a-side or even 3-a-side.

Each court is surrounded by boardings about 1.5m high. Then they have nets completely surounding each court (including a 4m high overhead net). That means the ball never goes out of play, so although 45 minutes isn't long, the only chance to catch your breath is when a goal is scored.

On the whole I was impressed and would recommend it.

Sounds good - I'm game. Any takers for perhaps a Saturday kickabout??