Pension refund Germany

7 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I know there are many topic spoken about this in the forum , I went thru them all and found it useful

So now 2 years have past since i am out of germany and I went to the embassy to get my forms attested

Now my question is which address do I send this form to? I was working in Frankfurt but all our finance was handled by the office in Hamburg

I had claimed my taxes also from Hamburg office

I had written a mail to pension office..I dont get any reply .. and called ,after waiting for good 15 mins the lady comes on the phone and tell she doesnt speak english

Please help if you have any information on this

I just went through the whole process after moving back to the USA 2 years ago. It took about 6 months total until I got my refund. I sent my paperwork to the Hamburg office.

Deutsche Rentenversicherung

Nord

Friedrich-Ebert Damm 245

22037 Hamburg

Thanks for the information on the address. I left Germany two years ago. I am in the process of filling the form for the pension refund. Looking at the V901, I see that I have to fill an insurance number ( which I have) and a Code. Could you please tell me where can I find the Code/ which part of a social security document can I possibly find it? Also, did you send any other documents apart from V901 and the declaration form from the embassy? Thanks for your help.

On 7/25/2014, 6:15:28, schoene said:

Thanks for the information on the address. I left Germany two years ago. I am in the process of filling the form for the pension refund. Looking at the V901, I see that I have to fill an insurance number ( which I have) and a Code. Could you please tell me where can I find the Code/ which part of a social security document can I possibly find it? Also, did you send any other documents apart from V901 and the declaration form from the embassy? Thanks for your help.

You do not need to fill in the code. Your insurance number enables the pension office to identify you.

On 7/22/2014, 12:00:46, cuznbob said:

I just went through the whole process after moving back to the USA 2 years ago. It took about 6 months total until I got my refund. I sent my paperwork to the Hamburg office.

Deutsche Rentenversicherung

Nord

Friedrich-Ebert Damm 245

22037 Hamburg

To speed up the process you should have sent the papers to the official mailing address of the Deutsche Rentenversicherung as stated on their website and also written on the forms: https://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de/Bund/DE/Service/Footer/Impressum/impressum.html?https=1

This is the address: 

Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund
10704 Berlin

Yes, it is correct that there is no street address. Also, they have their own postal code because they are such a huge institution that receives tons of mail every day. 

What happens if you send it do a branch is, that they redirect it to its headquarters, where they forward it to the correct contact person in charge of your case. 

All these processes lead to delays ... so no wonder it took 6 months until you got your refund, instead of 4 weeks. 

On 5/27/2014, 6:20:10, Jane00 said:

Dear All,

I know there are many topic spoken about this in the forum , I went thru them all and found it useful

So now 2 years have past since i am out of germany and I went to the embassy to get my forms attested

Now my question is which address do I send this form to? I was working in Frankfurt but all our finance was handled by the office in Hamburg

I had claimed my taxes also from Hamburg office

I had written a mail to pension office..I dont get any reply .. and called ,after waiting for good 15 mins the lady comes on the phone and tell she doesnt speak english

Please help if you have any information on this

The mailing address is written on the form: 

Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund
10704 Berlin

That is the address of the headquarters in Berlin. Every refund claim has to go through headquarters where it is redirected to the branch and contact person in charge. 

It does not matter where you have been working before, this is the way it is done. 

On 15.2.2020, 10:13:14, Theo Matsiridis said:

You do not need to fill in the code. Your insurance number enables the pension office to identify you.

HI Theo, great that you want to help...but the questions you answer to are 5-6 years old (2014) and long since dealt with some way or other... :-)

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.