Fiction writers meet up

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a professional fiction writer looking to meet other English language writers. I moved to Hamburg a few months ago and contacted a group on TT. However, they had last posted in 2009 and don't seem to be in operation anymore. It would be great to tap into the English language writing scene if it exists or start it up if doesn't. Any professional writers out there who'd like to meet up?

If this ever takes off I wouldn't mind dropping in on a meeting or two. I don't write books but I run a roleplay group and can use the help in making plausible stories/characters.

I'm by no means professional, but I've begun writing three separate...let's call 'em documents. One's a story, one's a bit of a how-to...I dabble. I'd be happy for some constructive criticism, if there's a group meeting up.

A group called 'Pen and Ink' meets every second Tuesday at the Kulturzentrum St Georg, Alexanderstr 16., to discuss work in progress in English. Though most of us are not professional writers, we are all serious about our writing. Our next meeting is on Tuesday, 10th June. All welcome - to listen and discuss or preferably to present your work.

Hey,

I'm a new writer and would be really interested in getting involved. How do I find out more about this? Is there a group page or how do you get involved?

Hannah

I don't really know at what point I'm allowed to call myself professional, however; I just graduated college with a creative writing degree. I'll be visiting Hamburg shortly (I live in Southern Germany) and wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in the evening while I'm there.

Sign me up! I'm loaded with ideas for plots but I can't quite seem to make the text do justice to the pictures in my imagination. I'd also like to hear others' work...I love a good story! When and where?

Hi, I just moved to Hamburg two weeks ago from Oxford. Did you ever start a monthly meet up? If so, I would absolutely love to join. I would describe myself as an aspiring writer. I just took a young adult fiction course and have begun to write a novel. It would be great to meet new people and get feedback on my work. Hope to hear from you! Laura

A group called 'Pen and Ink' meets every second Tuesday at the Kulturzentrum St Georg, Alexanderstr 16., to discuss work in progress in English. Though most of us are not professional writers, we are all serious about our writing. Our next meeting is on Tuesday, 10th June. All welcome - to listen and discuss or preferably to present your work.

Hey everyone,

Do you guys still meet up to write/discuss your writing? I'm in school training to be an advertising copywriter but I also want to work on writing short stories on the side especially now that I have a break from school until April.

When is your next meeting and are you welcoming new additions to your group?

Thanks!

Hey 13point7,

Missbarry and I have had a chat about writing over coffee, but nothing official or formal. As far as I know it was only us who expressed any interest. I always love meeting other writers to keep my inspiration up though, if you fancy hanging out sometime? :)

Absolutely KitKatSplat! That sounds wonderful! :)

Are there any specific days or times of the week that you usually meet? I'd love to join in!

Hey! I'm as amateur as it gets with writing, but I would love to meet up with you guys if this is still going on! 29 male from California here.

Also please feel free to check out my wordpress page at https://consciousnesswins.wordpress.com/

hey, I'm no professional writer but I do have an interest in writing.  I would love to join this group and maybe meet up.  send me a message and let me know when the meetups are