Mini job questions

31 posts in this topic

@Pandamunich (or any who can help)

Quick query regarding declaration of monetary gifts from relatives:

Does a minor have to make a Steuererklärungto declare a gift amount less than the Grundfreibetrag)?

And in the case of an adult? Can/should it be done retrospectively?

No, please read post 13 in this very thread.

Depending on the relationship the giver has to you, you can receive between 20,000 and 500,000€ as a gift without having to pay tax, just follow the link in post 13 to see the Freibeträge (= tax free amounts).

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi this is my first post here and i would want to ask the tt´s what should i do.

I came to germany about 6 months and only now someone speak to me about the obligation to have insurance.

currently i´m living with a member of my family

I have a minijob

I´m doing a german course sponsored half by the german state

So the questions are:

What should i do? If i try to register in a insurance they will ask for the payment for the previous months?

Since i am kind of studying can i register in the insurance as student or utilize my country´s health plan?

Sorry for the bad english

Thanks

currently i´m living with a member of my family

How are you related?

Since i am kind of studying can i register in the insurance as student or utilize my country´s health plan?

Language students are not considered Studenten, but rather Sprachschüler and are not entitled to the student rate. Since you've already been here for 6 months, you are not eligible to join a public health insurance and you'll need a BaFin-approved foreign health insurance.

Contact Starshollow or John.G for a quote.

I'm here on a Working Holiday Visa, therefore am covered by Travel insurance. I have been offered a mini job and am required to provide a couple of numbers that I'm not sure even apply to me as I am not a resident or have a residents permit.

Does anyone know the situation with WHVisas, and Rentenversicherungsnummern and Sozialversicherungsnummern?

Should I have one/both?

If not, what information do I provide my employer?

I have only been issued a Persönliche Identifikationsnummer so far.

Would really appreciate help,

Thanks!

The Rentenversicherungsnummer is the Sozialversicherungsnummer, for details please read this.

It is issued by either:

1. your Krankenkasse for employees who have a job paying more than 450€ a month and therefore have public health insurance automatically through their job (so this doesn't apply to you, mini jobs pay up to 450€ and don't have public health insurance included, please jump to no. 2).

2. the Deutsche Rentenversicherung in all other cases. You can either call them on their general service hotline Tel. 0800 1000 4800, or visit them in person in one of their offices.
    • The Frankfurt office of the Deutsche Rentenversicherung is:
      Deutsche Rentenversicherung Hessen
      Städelstraße 28
      60596 Frankfurt/Main
      Telefon 069 6052-0
      Telefax 069 6052-1600

Your "persönliche Identifikationnummer" is your Steuer-Identifikationsnummer which was issued by the Bundeszentralamt for Steuern and is something else entirely.

Does anyone here know if you get paid sick and vacation time on a mini-job?  Sorry if I missed it here on this forum or due to an improper search. Thx

1 minute ago, ASBO said:

Does anyone here know if you get paid sick and vacation time on a mini-job?  Sorry if I missed it here on this forum or due to an improper search. Thx

I worked for an employer who had a lady who worked a mini job, 3 hrs x 3 days a week. If she got sick she was paid if it was a day she was supposed to work and she would get her vacation too except she wouldn't get 28 days like other people but probably 17 days which would be equal the number of weeks for her. However it would be hard if you don't have a fixed schedule or set number of hours.