Sardinia

13 posts in this topic

Lads & Ladettes,

I'm off to Sardinia this weekend and am wondering if anyone has any hints/tips of things to see an do. Will be based in the north but will have a car so all suggestions are possible.

Ta very much

I was there in the off-season a few years ago (8 years ago, to be exact!). There really wasn't much to do at all unless you are into wind-surfing. If you go the north western corner of the island there are some excellent wind-surfing spots.

Sorry, not much help from me.

driving down from olbia is nice, i am not sure how the beaches are this time of year, as i was there in september, but we went down to calagognone (sp?) and there are some lovely beaches along the way, it's about 2-3 hours or so. around calagognone there were some hidden gem restaurants in the hills with amazing local food, surrounded by cypress trees, olive groves, all sorts of herbs...ahhhh, the memories :rolleyes: but don't know anything about the west coas of it though, sorry...

oh, and by olbia, is the famous costa smeralda, where the international perv flavio balatore vacations with the likes of supermodels, donatella hangs out there as well i think...might still be too cold for their designer highness though... :blink:

If anyone intends to go to Sardinia in the future, ask me, I can recommend places to stay, to eat and to visit. The island is excellent for windsurfers but as it is considered a small continent by some, it caters for everyone.

I really liked Sardinia, something for everyone. I also rediscovered my absolute hatred for any food that comes from the sea. Most important thing is to get a hire car, otherwise you are completely stuck as there isn't really any public transport to speak of.

I really liked Sardinia too, great place for a relaxing holiday as there really isn't much going on...

I stayed up by Alghero and I would definately recommend getting a hire car. The food up there is very good, great fish and seafood and I think that the only other pizza I have had that was better than here was from Napoli itself! :)

alghero is ok but its the East coast with its coves adn caves which is a really special place... fab place, fab weather, fab people and not too, too far from Munich either.

The north is ok too around Santa Teresa etc some nice ports up there that are a bit Porto Banus for people watching and bling Sunseekers!

You can drive to Liverno (and other Italian ports) and get the ferry across. Easy-peasy.

Hello there!

We are thinking of going to Sardinia early November. We'd like to drive around, and visit villages and beaches.

Do you have any suggestions? Where would be a good place? any nice villages?

thanx!

We are planning to visit Sardinia this year for two/three weeks on the motorbikes,anyone got any good tips about holiday homes/hotels etc?

Jammy git, very jealous. I caught the ferry from Genoa to Olbia then sort of rode down the east coast then came back up through the hills and it was fantastic, good roads, bad roads, great people and places and fantastic beaches. As earlier posters have said there is a bit of everything. One thing I remember from my bike trip there is that the petrol stations away from the main places have there own unique opening times. I stayed on campsites and you are welcome to the details but you know how time changes things, enjoy.

All the best. Mick

Hi Mike we are thinking about staying at camping places with bungalows/mobile homes,the east looks good,thinking about starting at Olbia going a little bit down the east coast stay for a week then head north of Olbia, stay for a week (camping) and then spend the last 3/4 days in a hotel somewhere, would appreciate any tips and details if you can spare them :D have just seen you are a Devon lad!good on ya, i'm a Dorset lad and john.g is from southend or something like that ;) . Once spent a week on Drake island giving underpriviliged kids a holiday , long time ago , good memories.

have just seen you are a Devon lad!

aye he is. weird accent and all. and he says listening to me is like speaking in tongues! we barely argue - cos we've got not a clue what each other is saying :lol: