Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sufficient salary ranges in Nuremberg & surroundings

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will have a final interview in 2 weeks with a company based near Nuremberg.

I have a Masters degree in Computer Science and I am working as a Windows system administrator for approx 5 years (I am ITIL and MS certified).

I am married and me and my wife are expecting our first child in 1 month.

What salary offer would be considered reasonable/good for Sr System Administrator position in Northern Bayern?

:ph34r:

Thank you.

What salary offer would be considered reasonable/good for Sr System Administrator position in Northern Bayern?

Search here:

http://www.payscale.com/research/DE/Country=Germany/Salary

You can filter through city/area, number of years of experience, etc.

Search here:

http://www.payscale...=Germany/Salary

You can filter through city/area, number of years of experience, etc.

The link you gave me returns approx 3300 gross per month.

That would mean about 2300 net salary.

To be honest I find this disappointing...

Matusalem, I have made a personal report simulation for you and reached a similar number. System Admin. are not very well payed.

This site is rather accurate for the average value, but of course you can get more with a good interview and maybe negotiating a good bonus pack.

Check this site, it has some real offers with values:

- http://www.optimussearch.com/browse-jobs/permanent/germany/it-jobs/

and check Monster.de, some jobs have salary info.

In Germany, system administration is done by people who have done an apprenticeship - they do not have a university degree.

That explains the salary.

Matusalem, I have made a personal report simulation for you and reached a similar number. System Admin. are not very well payed.

This site is rather accurate for the average value, but of course you can get more with a good interview and maybe negotiating a good bonus pack.

Check this site, it has some real offers with values:

- http://www.optimussearch.com/browse-jobs/permanent/germany/it-jobs/

and check Monster.de, some jobs have salary info.

What are these Bonus packs? I cannot find information about this... Can you provide some examples?

In Germany, system administration is done by people who have done an apprenticeship - they do not have a university degree.

That explains the salary.

You are probably right, but in my case I have a Masters degree. Plus I have ITIL and Microsoft certifications, which should be noteworthy.

Also my past working experience is at a very big IT multinational company. Let me just say that I have colleagues here in Romania that earn more than 2000E net salary monthly, as System Administrators. :)

I have a Masters degree. Plus I have ITIL and Microsoft certifications, which should be noteworthy.

Were any of these qualifications directly or indirectly asked for? If so, then you have a chance to ask for a higher salary based on that. Otherwise, if they are not specifically necessary for the job of system administrator, why apply for it? Then you need to apply for something else. If the company doesn't perceive those to be useful qualifications for the job they are looking to fill, they may well not be willing to pay you above the rate they are considering for that job.

Were any of these qualifications direclty or indirectly asked for? If so, then you have a chance to ask for a higher salary based on that. Otherwise, if they are not specifically necessary for the job of system administrator, why apply for it? Then you need to apply for something else. If the company doesn't perceive those to be useful qualifications for the job they are looking to fill, they may well not be willing to pay you above the rate they are considering for that job.

These are considered a plus, mot mandatory, but very welcomed if one has them.

That's what they stated in the ad? In that case, you'll need to sell yourself on the basis of those.

What are these Bonus packs? I cannot find information about this... Can you provide some examples?

It can be in the form of a sum of money payed at the end of the year, depending on you accomplishing certain objectives. Usually between 0.5x salaries and 1.5x.

Also some companies give an extra bonus to some employees, depending on overall company results.

It can also be benefits in the form of:

- company car

- cell phone with internet flat rate

- public transportation yearly ticket.

- partial pay of lunch at a designated cantina

- payed courses (languages, etc)

You are probably right, but in my case I have a Masters degree. Plus I have ITIL and Microsoft certifications, which should be noteworthy.

Also my past working experience is at a very big IT multinational company. Let me just say that I have colleagues here in Romania that earn more than 2000E net salary monthly, as System Administrators.

I have seen ITIL been asked several times, you seem to have good certifications.

I am an American who might be coming over to this area as well in a few months. Some sites that have helped me are www.numbeo.com There is a cost comparison and you can see what a general basket of goods ( 0.5l beer domestic, .5kg bread, pair of levis jeans, pack of Marlboro cigarettes, price per taxi, etc...) this can give you some basic prices and see if your cost of living is going to be going down or going up compared to your currnet city.

I am in the same boat as you but I found this helpful.

Regards,

2dresq

What I'm in and you probably want to look for is "IT Consultant" - that's what some of the large industrial firms call positions that in the US are senior systems administrator roles. You might have to take something like that quoted figure to start through one of the temp agencies, but permanent positions are better paid. However, it's so difficult to get rid of a permanent employee here that most positions start as temp.

I would estimate a normal "Fulltime" non contract sysadmin (Windows) would get between 3300 -3800 brutto based on experience and how well you negotiate ;)

Depending on the company size. Larger companies pay more normally. Also depends if you get vacation pay, or christmas bonus or not. Often times xmas bonus for some companies is a complete extra monthly salary.

It sounds like plenty for the region depending on how much your rent cost which could be a bigger issue in the area.  best part is usually there is no need for a car as a monthly ticket for ALL public transportation after 9am is like 80 euro.  Food is cheap, shopping is good, people are friendly and helpful.  

My personal opinion- I have noticed it seems the last 2 years or so foreigners (turks italians and refugees) outweigh the rest of the population and two of the groups the women always think they are ''Super fly'' And the men are Machos- But hey who am I to judge?  Everyone can be themselves :)  ...NBG is one of my favorite cities in the world.

Oh yeah-  If your looking to get Rich...dont go to Germany...go to the USA ;)  The German tax office will own you