Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strike on 25-26 March, 2014

10 posts in this topic

According to the RMV website, buses, streetcars and U-Bahns will be impacted by a public service sector strike expected to take place Wednesday, March 19, from 3:30 a.m. until 4 a.m. on Thursday in Darmstadt, Frankfurt, Giessen, Hanau, Limburg, Marburg, Ruesselsheim and Wiesbaden. S-bahns won't be affected.

See http://www.rmv.de/de/Verschiedenes/Informationen_zum_RMV/Der_RMV/RMV_aktuell/60454/Streiks_angekuendigt.html

The strike returns. This time scheduled for Tuesday and for Wednesday.

http://www.rmv.de/de/Verschiedenes/Informationen_zum_RMV/Der_RMV/RMV_aktuell/60454/Streiks_angekuendigt.html#toc_71130

Looks like it is confined to the U-Bahn and Straßenbahn, but just in case I will drive again to work the next few days.

"Busverkehr

Die Buslinien verkehren voraussichtlich alle normal. Ausgenommen davon ist die Buslinie OF-103 aus Offenbach"

Seems like buses will be running as normal this time.

Where have you read that about the buses? Or have I misunderstood the German?

I only have this from the RMV website and this looks like all the buses are strking too in the entire Rhein Main region:

Betroffen von den Warnstreiks sind voraussichtlich kommunale U-Bahn-, Straßenbahn- und Buslinien im gesamten RMV-Gebiet. Weitere Details werden, sobald sie uns vorliegen, an dieser Stelle bekannt gegeben.

According to this poster, posted at transit stops across Frankfurt today, they are not quite sure what the bus situation is going to be like the next two days.

"Der Ausfall der meisten Buslinien ist möglich und kann nicht ausgeschlossen werden." (We cannot rule out a possible cancellation of most bus lines.)

post-160406-13956945986445_thumb.jpg

I can confirm that the buses are running, took 3 hrs to get to work this morning, not due to the strike but an accident on the main road into Bornheim.