Is the nuclear power plant in Schweinfurt active?

17 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I live about 60km airline from the nuclear plan of Schweinfurt and I knew that that site was inactive since some time.

Some days ago I was driving close by the plan and I saw the 2 huge reactors heavily smoking, and was wondering if it is still active or maybe it's cooling down or what?

Thank you

tchuß

Eiasu

A few days ago I was cycling by and there was steam rising from both cooling towers. AFAIR they were doing some maintenance work a few months ago, so it was shut down for a few weeks.

...and there was steam rising from both cooling towers.

To be strictly correct that would be water vapour ie condensed water droplets (steam is invisible).

What about fluffy looking, floating, white shit.. Well I guess that could also apply to snow as well.

I saw the 2 huge reactors heavily smoking,

All the more reason to put them shocking pictures on Cigarette packets...

Shocking behavior... Shocking... :lol:

It's up until 31 December 2015.

http://www.eon.com/content/eon-com/de/about-us/structure/asset-finder/grafenrheinfeld.html

So far, nothing has been built in Bavaria to replace its nuclear power plants. The plan is to build power "autobahns" from Saxony and Thuringia (Thüringer Strombrücke), as they have a lot of wind energy. Residents are protesting against high voltage power lines near their villages, so I don't know how it will proceed.

Thank you,

maybe the closing of the power plant was postponed or I heard the wrong information that they were already off.

Thank you to all the bavarian friends,

tchuß!!!

Eiasu

HEM 5.Mar.2014, 8:14pm said:

...and there was steam rising from both cooling towers.

To be strictly correct that would be water vapour ie condensed water droplets (steam is invisible).

Nothing "strictly correct" or even "correct" about what you write. Water vapour is the gas phase of water and invisible. In common and even engineering parlance "steam" can be wet (including droplets, and hence visible) or dry. And even if it were "strictly correct", that would be no reason for accept it as a guide for everyday talk. Such "strict correctness" would prevent us from calling tomatoes vegetables, almonds or coconuts nuts, slow worms snakes etc etc.

We called it steam at the nuclear facility where I worked.

(And we didn't produce electricity - just plutonium 238 for bombs.)

(And we didn't produce electricity - just plutonium 238 for bombs.)

That's good, as electricity can be pretty harmful...

BTW: What's "Plutonium 238" ? Something severe like "Currywurst 2,3,4" ?

Cheers

Franklan