Only in America...

2,213 posts in this topic

@MikeMelga, the crime of incest is defined in Tennessee, as in most of the US, as sexual relations between a child and a parent whether natural or adoptive. There's no shame in not knowing that, but, just out of curiosity,  where are you from that it's ok?

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

@MikeMelga, the crime of incest is defined in Tennessee, as in most of the US, as sexual relations between a child and a parent whether natural or adoptive. There's no shame in not knowing that, but, just out of curiosity,  where are you from that it's ok?

So siblings are good to go?

13 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

So, just to be clear, Loretta - are you pro-rape? Or is it pro-incest? Or maybe pro-theocracy? Or D) all of the above (and most likely your high school GPA)?

None of the above.   I recommend avoiding the tabloid press, and especially for people like you who become upset very easily.  

13 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Sorry, but your point is as clear as your identity as an Estonian female at this juncture.

When you visit sites like  https://metro.co.uk  it is no mystery what will be there.   The question is:   why would anyone visit that site knowing what is there?  

5 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Click-through on the word incest. No one has time to explain every law in all fifty of the United States.

8 minutes ago, balticus said:

I recommend avoiding the tabloid press,

So, any of these are okay, but not Metro? Natch.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

I read the Portuguese law and, as usual, leaves some room for interpretation, but in principle it only forbids in case of bloodline.

But Portugual is one of the few countries where sexual relationship between any adults is not a crime.

Just now, MikeMelga said:

I read the Portuguese law and, as usual, leaves some room for interpretation, but in principle it only forbids in case of bloodline.

But Portugual is one of the few countries where sexual relationship between any adults is not a crime.

Well, the Tennessee case involved a custodial parent and a child, not two adults.

28 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

I hear many documentary short films have been made on this very subject.

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

So, any of these are okay, but not Metro? Natch.

I have no interest in the royal family, football, and a semi-nude 20 something along with sensational stories.     I prefer to discuss issues with a bit more gravity than the relative morality of the latest Jerry Springer episode.    

Now that i understand where you and Jeffo get your news, things kind of make sense.   

14 minutes ago, balticus said:

I have no interest in the royal family, football, and a semi-nude 20 something along with sensational stories.     I prefer to discuss issues with a bit more gravity than the relative morality of the latest Jerry Springer episode.    

Now that i understand where you and Jeffo get your news, things kind of make sense.   

Says the guy who posts links to zerohedge and other RW fake news sites.

Man, you get more pathetic by the day.

Not to mention actively admitting to getting news from Youtube videos!

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Not to mention actively admitting to getting news from Youtube videos!

15-20 years ago, this provincial attitude manifested itself in the form of:   "that's crazy!   did you get that off the internet?".    As if someone was running a big conspiracy to spoof the Department of Energy website.  

I have recently watched an American historian named Stephen Kotkin explain his books about Stalin, Bill Gates opine on climate change, nuclear fusion and various initiatives he is funding, and various lectures on Epigenetics.    PBS has nightly news and Democracy Now has a youtube channel.   Unfortunately for you, the other content i view / hear is not available in English.  

Like any other medium, the quality varies.    

Perhaps you are a bit older and using youtube effectively is beyond your capabilities at this point.  

No, no it did not.

You have already proven yourself gullible. Do you really need for me to show you again? It's funny for me every time.

When you start citing PBS, I'll believe you.

You and I are the same generation. I just drink less.

45 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Do you really need for me to show you again? It's funny for me every time.

Please do.    You seemed to take great offence at a video featuring Peter Zeihan which is very odd.  

45 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

You and I are the same generation. I just drink less.

Age is a state of mind.   Some people begin resisting "new" technology in their thirties.    Your sweeping dismissal of youtube seems very strange and very provincial.

Whether your anger problem is alcohol related or not makes no difference to me. 

I am unconcerned with your assessments of me. Why are you always so concerned with how I think and feel? Sounds obsessive and unhealthy. Have a good day, dude.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Surely that has nothing to do with Bayer buying Monsanto. <_<

You seem to be posting in the wrong thread again. This is the one for your Ami tin foil hat conspiracy theories and general bitching about the establishment with out suggesting anything constructive really at all.

Do continue.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

It's funny for me every time.

That may be but it is not really a healthy way to live though. 

Given the propensities of the posters in this thread then yes, only in America.

of course it would be better if it said 16, but that would be illegal .