Only in America...

2,251 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Could you please copy and paste the article? I can't seem to opt out of their data collection.

...which just reminded me to clear every and all browser cookies. What a huge collection.

I had that problem until a few weeks ago with Safari on an iphone but nowhere else. About two iOS updates ago, it started working. Just try a different browser or machine.

South Florida rapper YNW Melly, who penned hit song 'Murder on My Mind,' charged with murdering 2 friends originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

An up-and-coming South Florida rapper who publicly mourned the deaths of two close friends and collaborators last year has now been charged with their murders.

Jamell Demons, known by his stage name YNW Melly, was charged Wednesday with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of Anthony Williams and Christopher Thomas Jr. last October, according to Miramar police.

Both men were friends with Demons and part of the same musical group, with Williams known as YNW Sackchaser and Thomas known as YNW Juvy.

Cortlen Henry, 20, another associate of Demons, has also been charged with two counts of first-degree murder, according to the Miramar Police Department.

South Florida rapper YNW Melly, who penned hit song 'Murder on My Mind,' charged with murdering 2 friends originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

An up-and-coming South Florida rapper who publicly mourned the deaths of two close friends and collaborators last year has now been charged with their murders.

Jamell Demons, known by his stage name YNW Melly, was charged Wednesday with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of Anthony Williams and Christopher Thomas Jr. last October, according to Miramar police.

Both men were friends with Demons and part of the same musical group, with Williams known as YNW Sackchaser and Thomas known as YNW Juvy.

Cortlen Henry, 20, another associate of Demons, has also been charged with two counts of first-degree murder, according to the Miramar Police Department.

Demons wrote on Instagram Wednesday afternoon that he was turning himself in to police in relation to the shooting deaths of Williams and Thomas. He denied the charges in the post and still referred to the men he's charged with murdering as his "brothers."

"I am turning myself in today I want you guys to know I love you and appreciate every single one of y’all, a couple months ago I lost my two brothers by violence and now the system want to find justice.. unfortunately a lot of rumors and lies are being said but no worries god is with me and my brother @ynw.bortlen," he wrote.

Demons has a lengthy rap sheet as it is. He spent a year in jail as a 16-year-old after he was involved in a shooting outside his high school. No one was injured, but he was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon, according to music site The Fader.

He's been arrested for marijuana possession twice in the past year, according to court records, including just last month in Lee County, Florida. That case is still pending.

Demons and Henry are both being held in Broward County without bond.

Summary: 

Lawyer Brandon Dinetz proposes to Jennifer Lettman, both of Palm Beach county.

Ms Lettman sat in the gallery of a courtroom under the pretense of watching Dinetz’s opening statements for a DUI case.

When Dinetz finally asked the big question, Lettman gave an enthusiastic yes – at which point the judge banged his gavel and “sentenced” them to life.

Florida lawyer stages trial to propose to girlfriend

kylie jenner is the youngest billionaire ...ever...

The Doh! report is out. State by state, more gun ownership equals more mass shootings.

As lawmakers on Capitol Hill called loudly for more funding to study the effects of gun ownership on public health, a new study in a leading medical journal indicated that states with higher gun ownership rates see higher rates of deaths from mass shootings. The two developments, though unrelated, suggest a growing desire to treat and potentially regulate guns the way cigarettes have been — as a dangerous, volatile element of American public life.

The new study on mass shootings, in particular, seems to call into question whether guns do make people safer. That does not appear to be the case on the whole, according to the study, “State gun laws, gun ownership, and mass shootings in the US: cross sectional time series,” published in the British Medical Journal and authored by researchers from Columbia University, New York University and other institutions.

Gun rights advocates have long held that mass shootings could only be prevented by the proverbial “good guy with a gun.” But the new study finds that, in fact, states with less restrictive gun laws are more likely to experience mass shootings, defined as a shooting in which four people or more were killed.

“States with more permissive gun laws and greater gun ownership have higher rates of mass shootings,” the researchers conclude. “There is a growing divergence in recent years as rates of mass shootings in restrictive states have decreased and those in permissive states have increased.”

more here

Ahahahahaa! It may turn out to be an acceptably good day for the US of A anyway.

I bet this really creamed Trump's corn. Ahahaha!

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a challenge to a lower court ruling that found that the owner of a Hawaii bed and breakfast violated a state anti-discrimination law by turning away a lesbian couple, citing Christian beliefs.

The justices refused to hear an appeal by Phyllis Young, who runs the three-room Aloha Bed & Breakfast in Honolulu, of the ruling that she ran afoul of Hawaii’s public accommodation law by refusing to rent a room to Diane Cervilli and Taeko Bufford in 2007. Litigation will now continue that will determine what penalty Young might face.