Only in America...

2,363 posts in this topic

So straight/married couples who ever did anal can't give blood? Seriously? I hadn't heard that. Bet that's going to greatly diminish the nation's supply.

I don't know about the US or Germany but in Canada, you aren't allowed to donate if you are male and have had anal sex with another male. There are some other categories about what kind of sex you can't have or who you can have it with but I think the former is the only one that is a lifetime ban. The rest is maybe a 6 month to 1 year ban.

Anyway, what do I care, I am not allowed to donate anywhere anymore. I am considered dangerous here, being allergic to penicillin. In Canada, they don't give a hoot about that but if I went back, I'd have a ban because I've lived in Europe too long and may have eaten some mad cows.

Edit, I went and looked up their questionnaire and it doesn't say anal, just asks if you've had sex with another male. Also seen they've changed the question to last 5 years so I supposed it might only be a 5 year ban now.

So straight/married couples who ever did anal can't give blood? Seriously? I hadn't heard that.

I think you're wrong about that. I used to donate blood all the time and I don't ever remember being asked anything about anal sex.

Fact: there are places in Berlin you can buy A&W. A friend of mine here found that and peanut butter cups at a gas station last week and posted a photo of both on Facebook. (Of course I had to ask where because I want the Reese's too.)

Fuck me running. I was just there.

Then YOU'RE wrong**, or I need to brush up on my reading comprehension. I believe your post said any anal sex. Anyway, I haven't given blood in a while. Last time was to myself in preparation for surgery*. Thank god I did that. I think many people don't even know you can.

I don't go to Walmart. And I don't go to Target. I can't even handle CostCo. Call me a snob, but it's just too scary. :lol:

**EDIT: so sorry! It was kaffeemitmilch:

AND, you can't give blood in most places if you are gay (or, ahem, you've had anal sex). And they say the Taliban are backward...

*My ex also donated blood to me, but I told my surgeon that he's an alcoholic and probably back on the reefer. She said "no problem, that will make you feel better!" :lol:

Than YOU'RE wrong, or I need to brush up on my reading comprehension. I believe your post said any anal sex.

What? I think you must re-read what I said. Any I am sure I have never been asked anything about anal sex during screening, when giving blood. Your initial screen involves a blood test where the check your iron levels and some other things. After that your just given a questionnaire. But basically yeah, if your a homosexual male than you can not donate blood. There are health reasons for this, some of which I have already mentioned.

Anyway, I haven't given blood in a while. Last time was to myself in preparation for surgery. Thank god I did that. I think many people don't even know you can.

Yeah you're right about that. You can also "donate" stem cells to yourself too. I think they can get them from your baby teeth. Lots of people don't know about that either.

And it's always the lazy fat-asses who ding your doors because they can't fit! I don't even want to think about them doing anal. :blink: So yes, let's get back to small burgers and such.

post-33917-13938730217514.jpg

the socks... :lol:

OH! I got one. There's a guy in my town who drives a [big ass] Hummer which is painted [in its ENTIRETY] with the Stars and Stripes. And on the sides, there is a big bald eagle with the words "In God We Trust". I will try to get a photo next I see him. It's really unbelievable.

Subject: Those who work in D.C. when government offices close for a"snow day"

post-212995-13938821858897_thumb.jpg

I know I'm on a self-imposed posting hiatus, but this is too great not to share.

Mod/admin note: If this fits better in another place, please feel free move it.

cs

So straight/married couples who ever did anal can't give blood?

So...uh....where's the line for that? :ph34r:

Great photo, smeeks. Greenie from me [even though you hate ridicule the Navy, grrr]. Somebody has to protect the POTUS, no matter the weather [political or otherwise]!

So...uh....where's the line for that?

kaffeemitmilch posted that on the previous page, but s/he's German IIRC, so what does s/he know? :P

Great photo, smeeks. Greenie from me [even though you hate ridicule the Navy, grrr]. Somebody has to protect the POTUS, no matter the weather

Thanks mlovett. BTW, this soldier is Old Guard. They keep watch over the tomb of the unknown, not POTUS. He has the secret service for that. They may be snowed in.

post-212995-13938933664467_thumb.jpg

The comment about the (cough, choke, other disgusting retching sounds) Navy really cuts deep. LOL Actually I go to the Army/Navy game and you wouldn't believe the stuff I have to endure. All I can say is "wait 'til next year."

For those TTers who don't know the background, I am retired Army with a grandson who is a Midshipman at the Naval Acad. Woe is me.

cs

Remembered this photo from somewhere

That is a terribly stupid ad and/or comparison.

But back on topic, I go skiing regularly at a mountain here in Connecticut where you regularly encounter blind or physically handicapped skiers. I think it's great to have an environment where inclusiveness in the norm as opposed to something to be made fun of.

Anyway, carry on.

Dunkin’ Donuts unveils Eggs Benedict sandwich!

[Dunkin Donuts'] focus is hand-held cuisine. If you can’t consume it while driving, you probably won’t find it on the Dunkin’ menu. In any case, the chain now says that participating restaurants nationwide will offer the Dunkin’ Donuts’ Eggs Benedict Breakfast Sandwich, which features an egg, Black Forest ham, and “creamy Hollandaise flavored spread on an oven-toasted English Muffin.”

Hand held cuisine! Yummy creamy Hollandaise flavored sauce!

post-142885-13938984398135.png

Really, people?

Yup, welcome to TT. Posting the inane about America since 2002. :P

Great rant dessa, that's what I thought. Do a US thread and it goes tits up.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

At least hitler hasn't shown up yet.

@smeeks: been at the tomb of the unknown soldier :-) the marines have their act down to the millimeter (16 of an inch aboot) :P

@moondancer(below):whoops! Old Guard, my bad. The Marines are tasked to guard POTUS as mentioned above.

1. Dunno why ppl SO SO seereuz about the inane, unfunny list in the OP? Cannot believe it aroused four pages of dispute about corny, half made-up claims and "idiosyncrasies" only a moron would find remotely entertaining? It did the email FWD rounds years ago and has been posted at least once, maybe several times in "miscellaneous crap" thread(s) right here on TT within the last decade. Is not the OP's own work.

how come the other threads get to post mostly funny things or humblebrag about their countries? The United States covers umpteen bazillion square miles of land across every kind of terrain imaginable from plains to swamp to desert to rainforest, is home to more ethnicities and nationalities than you can shake a star-spangled stick at, and is the birthplace of no small number of highly popular, influential bands, musicians, filmmakers, athletes, inventors, writers, artists, scientists, researchers, statesmen/women etc ad infinitum, yet all we are capable of having an opinion about when the conversation veers stateside are tired cliches about burger-eating, gun-toting, couldn't-find-America-on-a-map-of-America, Wal-Mart addicted lardasses? Really, people?

Because it is the in thing.People just love to remind people about the bad things about the US while totally ignoring the many good things.