Only in America...

2,979 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Why would they make life complicated in this way???

Because most people won't ever find out that it's called something different in a different country.  Even less so decades ago or whenever they decided to do it that way.

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Mamma gone done raised a potential school shooter she has.

do they make school shooters in female?  I did not know.

2 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

do they make school shooters in female?  I did not know.

I 'm fairly sure they don't grow on trees. Although a pair could I guess.
But yes, they do..

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/04/youtube-shooting-gun-attacks-in-the-us-are-rarely-carried-out-by-women

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/08/health/female-shooters-rare/index.html

Rare but that wouldn't make me feel better if I was being shot at by one.

Just last week -

A sixth-grade girl brought a gun to an eastern Idaho middle school on Thursday, shooting two students and a school employee until a teacher disarmed her, according to local police. The girl, whose name has not been released, is now in police custody.

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Just last week -

Is 6th Grade around 11/12 years old?

usually, yes. could also be a year older or younger... depending...

6th graders are supposed to be 11 when the school year starts.  I was born in late August so sometimes almost a year younger than many of my classmates.

People are filling plastic bags with gasoline but won't get vaximated cuz it just ain't safe.... 

On 5/12/2021, 12:47:37, dessa_dangerous said:

6th graders are supposed to be 11 when the school year starts.  I was born in late August so sometimes almost a year younger than many of my classmates.

Sounds like you should've been packing heat to protect yourself.

oh, the nerds I was in AP with the whole time weren't the problem, and even being the youngest I was still usually one of the tallest kids in the class.  Trouble started on the playground when the girls out of the higher grades would start pushing me around and in the 80s asking teacher for help not to get your ass kicked during recess was called "tattling" and you were supposed to fight it out yourself, Lord of the Flies style, for some reason.  Spent a lot of lunches in the bathroom :'( that was all over by 6th grade, though.  

Huh. Your mileage may vary, though.

Teachers in my US school kept an eye on kids and intervened in fights.

Not so much in my German school, where I was heavily discriminated as a foreigner (along with the various other foreigners), waylaid and beaten many times with no help in sight. I learned to fight dirty.

On 07/05/2021, 15:46:14, HH_Sailor said:

Don't know if the AZChronicle or whatever it's called is trustworthy or fake news.

FYI most American newspapers are in the business of selling ads.  Journalism is usually secondary.

They are now bribing people with lottery tickets and sporting event tickets to get vaccinated....

On 5/13/2021, 7:59:49, Metall said:

Huh. Your mileage may vary, though.

Teachers in my US school kept an eye on kids and intervened in fights.

Not so much in my German school, where I was heavily discriminated as a foreigner (along with the various other foreigners), waylaid and beaten many times with no help in sight. I learned to fight dirty.

As a German parent once told me: "I studied in private and public schools in Germany. I prefer public, because I learned a valuable lesson in life: nobody will help you".

To which I replied: "I come from a country where if you ask for help, even being an adult, people will help you. Perhaps the problem is not being private or public, perhaps the problem is in the country." - he shut up after that.

Texas is poised to remove one of its last major gun restrictions after lawmakers approved allowing people to carry handguns without a license, and the background check and training that go with it.

The Republican-dominated Legislature approved the measure Monday, sending it to Gov. Greg Abbott, who has said he will sign it despite the objections of law enforcement groups who say it would endanger the public and police.

the rest of the insanity here

President Biden noted yesterday, following the shooting in San Jose CA that left 8 victims dead, one in critical condition, and the shooter dead of a self-inflicted wound, that this is the fifth time he's ordered the White House flag flown at half staff since his inauguration as POTUS four months ago. Five shootings with multiple dead, in four months.

Only in America.